Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Gordon

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Noah probably could play pf but just like you said, he is a great defensive center. Playing him at pf takes him from his natural center position. Al playing pf is not a good idea either. Bulls are wanting to get rid of Boozer and would never want Boozer and Gibson playing together because they would have no true center. The Bulls need to like the deal also and including Boozer and Jefferson may get their attention. Boozer will give you about the same production as Jefferson anyway.

Posted

I would much rather trade what we have for draft picks but if management decides not to then wr gotta hope for the best in a trade or two.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sooo...  we're ready to trade Big Al already?  :lol:

I never wanted him here, thought the signing was stupid and still can't understand or fathom why they made the move to overpay him so badly. 

It's the worst decision that MJ has made as a team owner or executive. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't Charlotte pass on Noah in the draft? Trade what we got for draft picks. Although the team shows no ability to find the gems.

Noah was picked 8th. Bobcats picked 9th and traded their pick to golden state for jason richardson. At least thats how I remember it but my memory sucks. But I remember sitting in TWCA watching it on the big scoreboard and noah being picked before the bobcats selection

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Yeah, I didn't prefer the signing either. I thought it best to wait until next year, but like with all the moves - we have no say. So, I accepted it and pull for him. Plus, the deal wasn't that bad in terms of length and amount... but, I just didn't see the point in signing him. That being said, they aren't gonna trade him, so we better find pieces to compliment him.

Posted

Big NO to Gordon. I am not opposed to trading big Al however. I am all for making trades that add picks and assets. If management is all in on making playoffs then we better finish between the 3 and 6 seeds to make it worthwhile. Chicago has unloaded Deng and rumors swirl they are selling to tank for draft and go hard in free agency.

Charlotte

Trades Al Jefferson, Ben Gordon, and 2015 second round pick

Chicago

Trades Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah, and Mike Dunleavy

Chicago wants to shed salary and nobody really wants Boozer. This rids them of Boozer because even if they amnesty him they still gotta pay him. Gordons expiring gives them a chance to go after Carmelo or whoever in free agency. Big Al takes over at center and Taj Gibson takes over at the 4

Charlotte gets a true top 10 center in Noah who helps on both ends of the floor. Boozer gives you numbers very similar to what Jefferson does. Dunleavy adds depth and shooting on the wing.

Kemba

Hendo

MKG

Boozer

Noah

Dumb. Why are you trading away Al?

Also, no way Chicago trade away one of the top Big in the league.

Posted

Noah was picked 8th. Bobcats picked 9th and traded their pick to golden state for jason richardson. At least thats how I remember it but my memory sucks. But I remember sitting in TWCA watching it on the big scoreboard and noah being picked before the bobcats selection

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You dumb. Other way around.

Noah was picked 9th. Cats picked Wright at 8th and traded him away along with 2nd rounder for JRich.