Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Defensive Backs

123 posts in this topic

Posted

fan of Stanley as well. he is a long athlete that started out as a WR. if he impresses next week, he will shoot up the board. has over 20 pass break ups in 2 years.

Agreed, I'd love to snag him in the third but would probably take him in the second just on potential alone.. It's not that often you find an athletic 6'2" 220lb CB.. We could use him in a Patrick Peterson type way offense and defense lol

Posted

Two words:

CALVIN PRYOR

I'm going to be disappointed if we don't come out the 1st round with this stud.

1 person likes this

Posted

The more clips I watch of Pryor the more I desire this guy. He's all over the field hitting anybody or anything in his way.

2 people like this

Posted

The more clips I watch of Pryor the more I desire this guy. He's all over the field hitting anybody or anything in his way.

Where are you watching him?

I cant find anything on Youtube.

Posted

I hate to break it to you guys, a head hunter like Pryor is not an asset in today's NFL, giving up 15 yard chunks all day.

Posted

I hate to break it to you guys, a head hunter like Pryor is not an asset in today's NFL, giving up 15 yard chunks all day.

Pryor has never been flagged for targeting. He's a heavy-hitter but that's only one aspect to his game. After all, safeties like Barron and Chancellor are human torpedoes and they haven't been liabilities to their secondaries. They play the enforcer role quite well without racking up flags. Pryor is no Merriweather or Goldson.

Where are you watching him?

I cant find anything on Youtube.

An associate of mine attends Louisville and he recorded some eventful footage from the home games (two games). I'll ask him to upload on YouTube.

1 person likes this

Posted

another mid round guy i like is Terrence Brooks S from FSU. he plays center field and can drop down into the box and help in run support. has the ability to cover the slot because he once was a CB. that is valuable in this defense considering how successful we were with blitzing from the nickel position.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats what a lot of Panthers' fans said about Mitchell too.

Posted

Yea, I like Brooks a lot too. Love to pick him up in the 3rd.

I wouldnt be upset if we could somehow get Lamarcus Joyner in the 2nd. Hes a bit smaller but I think he could thrive as a FS. And, move Mitchell to SS.

FS is a very valuable position today. Earl Thomas is huge for Seattle, and rookies like Mathieu and Vaccaro impacted instantly for their defenses. If you can get a guy that can cover a lot of ground, offenses are going to have a tough time beating you deep.

Posted

Calvin Pryor on draft breakdown

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/calvin-pryor/

He melds perfectly in our defense, I think we get Matthews in the second and a ot/og in the third

We should really get Pryor if he drops to us. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've had us grabbing him in round 4 in my mock (every scouting thing iv read has him falling late due to depth in class)  Everyone has him falling rounds 4-6.  Big and Athletic but Raw.

Dream scenario would be to land him and Grab Tillman in FA.  Tillman: who is a vet and played under Rivera could very well turn this kid into a top tier corner.

Want this kid Bad in one of those later rounds 3-4

I know everyone is begging OL and Gettleman sounded like it but Dream scenario for me

1st: Pryor

2nd: Matthews or best available WR

3rd: Baptiste 

2014: D 

DE: CJ, Hardy? (or someone we get from trade for/comp for Hardy)

DT: Star, KK

LB: Klein, Luke, TD

CB: Tillman, Baptiste

FS: Mitchell

SS: Pryor

Rivera is D style coach.  As nasty as our D looked this year, That D would kick it up a Notch.  Think the Bears D that lead them to the Super Bowl  or the Top D we faced in 05 that Rivera was DC

Then Cam would have an added weapon along with a healthy line.

Improvement!

Our defense would be so goddamn nasty...gives me goosebumps

1 person likes this

Posted

another mid round guy i like is Terrence Brooks S from FSU. he plays center field and can drop down into the box and help in run support. has the ability to cover the slot because he once was a CB. that is valuable in this defense considering how successful we were with blitzing from the nickel position.

Funny thing about Terrence Brooks is that his dad is THEE Derrick Brooks. Imagine how angry Tampa Bay fans would be if we drafted the kid?

The kid definitely appears like a starter at the next level. He's 5'11 but extremely jacked (I'm guessing 215-225 lbs from when I saw him in person). Rumors are flying around that Terrence ran a sub-4.4 at FSU.

2 people like this