Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Promethean Forerunner

2014 Defensive Backs

123 posts in this topic

I really believe that Gettleman is going to attack the WR position just like how he did with DT: Star and KK. It's such a huge need just like how DT was last year. I really believe that Gettleman will target Nicks to a one year deal he is able to trade Hardy.

Imagine:

QB: Cam

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Sammy Watkins / Steve Smith

TE: Greg Olsen

and Pryor added to the already elite Carolina defense.

We will again be in position to take over the NFC South and could potentially be seen as a Super Bowl favorite going into 2014-2015.

I want to see that on paper before I even start dreaming. Thats ridiculous. 

Watkins runs a legit 4.3, Cam would have field day omg, if you double watkins up top Nicks, smitty, and olsen can chew teams up underneath

Pryor on this defense, you gotta be fuging kidding. Pryors attitude and hard hitting philosophy fits lock step with how we play defense. fast, physical, and pissed off

Gettleman needs to seriously try and pull this off

1 person likes this

Damn, we could be a top 5 offense with that skills talent and Cam at the helm

1 person likes this

Damn, we could be a top 5 offense with that skills talent and Cam at the helm

Add in a RB like Andre Williams or Henry Josey in the 3rd round and I'd feel terrible for the NFC South rivals. I'm really not oppose to taking a RB high in the draft anymore. Dwill is a funny and nice guy on FaceBook. Great man with a big and strong heart, but he's not what he's used to be anymore. Stewart is just pathetic. Watching the game yesterday just pissed the hell out of me seeing that we had no running game. It's time for some new fresh legs to carry the load.

Add in a RB like Andre Williams or Henry Josey in the 3rd round and I'd feel terrible for the NFC South rivals. I'm really not oppose to taking a RB high in the drafty anyone. Dwill is a funny and nice guy on FaceBook. Great man with a big and strong heart, but he's not there anymore. Stewart is just pathetic. Watching the game yesterday just pissed the hell out of me seeing we have no running game. It's time for some new fresh legs to carry the load.

Running game is controls the game. look at the last 4 teams in the playoffs all have strong running games...

20-25 carry guy would be real nice, would be awesome to get a marshawn lynch type rusher

Im also a huge fan of "Deone Bucannon" of Washington State. The kid will come on run support, big hitter, and has range.

(1) Calvin Pryor

(2) HaHa Clinton-Dix

(3) Deone Bucannon

(4) Craig Loston

Would love to have Bucannon or Loston in the 2nd if we miss out on Pryor and Dix.

Bucannon is not that well in coverage, looks stiff. sleeper Vinny Sunseri from Bama is coming as a JR, and could be had in the 4th-5th round. he is that low because he is coming off a torn ACL. but he was having his most complete season  this past year before getting the injury. son of a coach as well.

Bucannon is not that well in coverage, looks stiff. sleeper Vinny Sunseri from Bama is coming as a JR, and could be had in the 4th-5th round. he is that low because he is coming off a torn ACL. but he was having his most complete season this past year before getting the injury. son of a coach as well.

Im really not a fan of Sunseri. I dont think his coverage skills are any better than Bucannon. Bucannon draws some similarites to our very own Mike Mitchell imo.

This is going to help my conscious some. I wasn't at the game and forgot to record it. Which of our DBs maned/zoned against Crabtree the most the last game?

This is going to help my conscious some. I wasn't at the game and forgot to record it. Which of our DBs maned/zoned against Crabtree the most the last game?

Believe I remember seeing Captain and Melvin White on him quite a bit. 

Stanley Jean-Baptiste
SJB has been flat dominant this year. Very rare skill set with his size, ball skills, length, and speed. Broke out in 2013; opposing quarterbacks tested him early, and then appeared to stop throwing at him all together down the stretch of the season. He learned how to use his length and strength to reroute receivers, incredible upside as a boundary corner, Converted JUCO WR (excellent but inconsistent ball skills, playmaker with ball in his hands), can win initially with with jams AND has the closing and recovery speed to run with an opponent if he misses, mirrors routes well, aggressive (sometimes undercuts routes or gets double-moved), every catch appears to be contested when the QB throws it against SJB, has ability to blitz, raw (needs technique work) but has instincts and ability, unlike most tall and physical CBs, SJB has ABSURD quickness, feet, body control, fluidity, and hip flexibility for a corner that large, quick closing speed, reads qb’s eyes well in zone coverage and pretty good at ‘baiting’ qbs (ie interception against Brett Hundley)

Needs to become a better tackler (really inconsistent in this area and periodically gives up huge plays because of it), get better in run support (overly concerned in traffic and lacks effort in trying to get off of blocks but again…has the ability to beat blockers and be a weapon as opposed to a liability), inconsistent in trail coverage, and perhaps the biggest issue is that Nebraska’s defense doesn’t ask him to back pedal often which could be a serious concern at the next level if he isn’t adept BUT he has shown some glimpses of having a good back pedal (either plays off coverage, man-to-man, or press), excels in press coverage (incredible hand usage and long arms), but is also a good cover corner, a bit older than most prospects (24),

Really high on Jean-Baptiste. Think he’s a day 1 starter if he’s drafted on the Panthers that will only get better as he learns nuances of position. Probably best in a press man scheme IMO he’s also scheme-transcendent (in press- excellent at jamming receivers, in man-to-man- excellent closing and recovery speed and mirrors receivers well with hip flexibility and light feet, and in zone- reads qb’s eyes well and familiar with route concepts as a former WR). Could also be a good S prospect for team that uses Safeties in Man Coverage or potential positional switch down the road.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94139&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

1 person likes this