Photo
- - - - -

Cam thread ~ Lets get it out of the way.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

I don't think he played that well overall. Two costly turnovers. On the bright side, I think he does well with the deep balls. We need to think about incorporating more of that into our playbook next season if we are going to keep this non-existent running plays going.

TL:DR This is NOT a Cam lost us the game thread.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Everyone had their share of blame. Hopefully this game helps in those player's negotiations. 

#3 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Oh and Josh Thomas needs to be cut yesterday.

#4 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

This one's not on Cam in my opinion. Everyone shares a little blame, but he's far from the main problem.

#5 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

yeah, the 49ers didn't come to play or nothin'

#6 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Newton wasn't perfect by any means and I am one of the fans who actually will place blame on him when it is deserved but anyone that thinks Newton is one of the top/main problems on our offense or team is a fool.  Point blank.  

#7 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Smitty was limping the whole second half. He had nowhere to go with ball but lets tear him apart anyway.

#8 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

I don't think he played that well overall. Two costly turnovers. On the bright side, I think he does well with the deep balls. We need to think about incorporating more of that into our playbook next season if we are going to keep this non-existent running plays going.

Wonder how this game would have gone with Derek Anderson at QB?

Or Jimmy Clausen?

Or Cam Newton under Norv Turner as OC?

#9 Semaj

Semaj

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Nobody showed up with a big game. We had no receivers with 8 catches and 136 yards. No lineman with 2.5 sacks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#10 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,854 posts

Cam was playing incredibly until Rivera tried to settle his team down. Cam threw a gamble ball with the game pretty much out of reach and it got INT'd. Whatever..

Never would've been in that position if we had attempted to play any sort of offense in that half up until that point.

#11 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Cam wasn't great but that last int came with the game already basically over.  I don't have access to game tapes so I would be interested to know if anybody was actually open all those times he took sacks that killed drives or if he really had no choice.  Our D turning to swiss cheese at the end of the first half and staying that way for the rest of the game is what did us in today just as much as the refs and our offense which ( to be honest) has been pretty crappy last couple of months.

#12 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

This thread is not needed. I thought Cam played well enough. Just bad playcalling and momentum killing penalties that killed the team in the end.

#13 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Smh...

So many of you want Cam to make up for the lack of talent at the WR and OL. He can't run every effing play! And if he did, the same people would be bashing him for not being a pocket passer.

LaFell had no business tipping that ball up on the INT. the second INT, Cam just want to get the ball out and not take a sack due to his shitty protection.

Those two throws to Smith were throws only the best QB's make. Cam was constantly on the run and made lots happen with his legs. Cam took a few good shots too. I'm sure you didn't see the Brady play last night when he tucked and rolled before getting touched.

Give Cam some dam weapons and watch the hell out.

#14 Keep Steve

Keep Steve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEarth

I think they knew they weren't gonna win it all this year so they quit risking Newtons life like they did in the first half.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

The first int was iffy, the second one was just bad.

When he had time he was good, when he threw flat footed due to inside pressure he struggled.

I have no problem with Cam after this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.