Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

locker room closed...players emotional.

219 posts in this topic

Posted

Which is why I disagree with Rivera's approach for the second half.  Harbaugh was encouraging his guys to be agitators and keep pushing it and make the refs get involved - I believe because he knew the game was bent officiated in his favor.  So Rivera told our guys to "calm down?"  

We we needed to match their intensity.  When we calmed down, the wheels fell off.

That works if the game is called fairly. IT WAS NOT and Rivera was prob right. The only way we were going to win was not cut out the PF they kept throwing on us.

Posted

@joeperson

Rivera heard screaming at players for being emotional. Sounds absolutely indignant. Said we hoped San Fran would play bad, they didn't. Players should just accept it. It was a good ride but they did have Joe Montana 3 decades ago after all and we just didn't get lucky.

What.

The.

Holy.

Fug.

Please tell me what you just posted is a joke?

Posted

I don't know if he fits into the "calm down" Panthers that ol' Ron wants though.

I mean, Ron has the perfect OC for the "calm down" offense we run.

Now its time to do the same to the defense.  He "calmed" then down perfectly in the 2nd half today.

It's so fuging sad and crazy it could only happen to this team...I've never heard poo like that from anywhere else.

Calm down guys...you put 10 whole points on the board...now go out there and milk 8 minutes off the clock when you are down 2 scores and come away with nothing!

Ataboys

1 person likes this

Posted

They know they were cheated. We know they were cheated, yet no one cares....

And Rivera didn't give a poo.

Did we see him in the refs ears even ONCE this game?

1 person likes this

Posted

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 50s
Every Panther I've talked to very emphatically denied playoff experience played a role in outcome today

1 person likes this

Posted

What.

The.

Holy.

Fug.

Please tell me what you just posted is a joke?

A few of you guys didn't get the joke :(

Posted

Good season guys. We went further than I predicted and that says A LOT. Really proud of the way we played and the way the Huddle represented this season.

With that said.......fug the 9ERS and LETS GO SEAHAWKS

2 people like this

Posted

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 2m

Cam blamed himself for the failed QB sneak on 4th-and-1. Said he told coaches to call his number, thought he could make it.

Should have been from the damned shot-gun formation.

Time and again, when Cam has space to work and find a hole, he gets it.  I've seen it here and in Auburn over and over and over.

But Shula puts him under center.

fml...

3 people like this

Posted

That works if the game is called fairly. IT WAS NOT and Rivera was prob right. The only way we were going to win was not cut out the PF they kept throwing on us.

Typically I'd agree with you, but not in this case.  If we kept pushing the issue, there is no way the refs could've kept calling the game the way they were.  When we were in their face , even with the penalties, the game was close.  When we backed off the team lost their edge.

Posted

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 11m

Mike Mitchell, who was on a one-year deal, gets emotional about future … Badly wants to come back.

I hope he still feels that way when contract talks begin

1 person likes this

Posted

Should have been from the damned shot-gun formation.

Time and again, when Cam has space to work and find a hole, he gets it. I've seen it here and in Auburn over and over and over.

But Shula puts him under center.

fml...

This.

Just pathetic.

It's takes talent as an OC to be able to constantly fail when you have a talent like #1 as your QB.

Posted

Which is why I disagree with Rivera's approach for the second half.  Harbaugh was encouraging his guys to be agitators and keep pushing it and make the refs get involved - I believe because he knew the game was bent officiated in his favor.  So Rivera told our guys to "calm down?"  

We we needed to match their intensity.  When we calmed down, the wheels fell off.

I don't think it was as much calming down but staying focused.  Flailing around at the refs after every play doesn't do any good.  

1 person likes this