• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#46 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,276 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

And Mitchell and Ginn need to be back.  ABSOLUTELY.

#47 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

PLEASE re-sign this man

he's become one of my favorite Panthers

I don't know if he fits into the "calm down" Panthers that ol' Ron wants though.

I mean, Ron has the perfect OC for the "calm down" offense we run.

Now its time to do the same to the defense.  He "calmed" then down perfectly in the 2nd half today.

#48 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

I liked our playcalling for the most part. The first half was awesome. We were throwing the ball great.. and some of those run plays with Cam were great. Don't forget we were playing against a super good defense. Gross did a amazing job holding back Aldon Smith. He fought his ass off. Most of the sacks were from Cam moving around the pocket and just getting in the open. The flags in the first really fuging killed us and gave them 6 points and Im sure made our D restless. Thats not an excuse though. They played great on goal line.

Hey we will be back next year. Hope these boys can come back with a fire. This team this year had me feeling like I was on it... 

keep pounding mofos

#49 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Which is why I disagree with Rivera's approach for the second half.  Harbaugh was encouraging his guys to be agitators and keep pushing it and make the refs get involved - I believe because he knew the game was bent officiated in his favor.  So Rivera told our guys to "calm down?"  

We we needed to match their intensity.  When we calmed down, the wheels fell off.

That works if the game is called fairly. IT WAS NOT and Rivera was prob right. The only way we were going to win was not cut out the PF they kept throwing on us.

#50 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

@joeperson

Rivera heard screaming at players for being emotional. Sounds absolutely indignant. Said we hoped San Fran would play bad, they didn't. Players should just accept it. It was a good ride but they did have Joe Montana 3 decades ago after all and we just didn't get lucky.

What.

The.

Holy.

Fug.

Please tell me what you just posted is a joke?

#51 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I don't know if he fits into the "calm down" Panthers that ol' Ron wants though.

I mean, Ron has the perfect OC for the "calm down" offense we run.

Now its time to do the same to the defense.  He "calmed" then down perfectly in the 2nd half today.

It's so fuging sad and crazy it could only happen to this team...I've never heard poo like that from anywhere else.

Calm down guys...you put 10 whole points on the board...now go out there and milk 8 minutes off the clock when you are down 2 scores and come away with nothing!

Ataboys

#52 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

They know they were cheated. We know they were cheated, yet no one cares....

And Rivera didn't give a poo.

Did we see him in the refs ears even ONCE this game?

#53 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,650 posts

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 50s
Every Panther I've talked to very emphatically denied playoff experience played a role in outcome today

#54 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

What.

The.

Holy.

Fug.

Please tell me what you just posted is a joke?

A few of you guys didn't get the joke :(

#55 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,614 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Good season guys. We went further than I predicted and that says A LOT. Really proud of the way we played and the way the Huddle represented this season.

With that said.......fug the 9ERS and LETS GO SEAHAWKS

#56 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 2m
Cam blamed himself for the failed QB sneak on 4th-and-1. Said he told coaches to call his number, thought he could make it.

Should have been from the damned shot-gun formation.

Time and again, when Cam has space to work and find a hole, he gets it.  I've seen it here and in Auburn over and over and over.

But Shula puts him under center.

fml...

#57 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,276 posts

That works if the game is called fairly. IT WAS NOT and Rivera was prob right. The only way we were going to win was not cut out the PF they kept throwing on us.

Typically I'd agree with you, but not in this case.  If we kept pushing the issue, there is no way the refs could've kept calling the game the way they were.  When we were in their face , even with the penalties, the game was close.  When we backed off the team lost their edge.

#58 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,356 posts
  • LocationSafety Harbor, FL

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 11m
Mike Mitchell, who was on a one-year deal, gets emotional about future … Badly wants to come back.

I hope he still feels that way when contract talks begin

#59 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,554 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Should have been from the damned shot-gun formation.

Time and again, when Cam has space to work and find a hole, he gets it. I've seen it here and in Auburn over and over and over.

But Shula puts him under center.

fml...

This.

Just pathetic.

It's takes talent as an OC to be able to constantly fail when you have a talent like #1 as your QB.

#60 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Which is why I disagree with Rivera's approach for the second half.  Harbaugh was encouraging his guys to be agitators and keep pushing it and make the refs get involved - I believe because he knew the game was bent officiated in his favor.  So Rivera told our guys to "calm down?"  

We we needed to match their intensity.  When we calmed down, the wheels fell off.

I don't think it was as much calming down but staying focused.  Flailing around at the refs after every play doesn't do any good.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com