Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FP's Season-Ending Thoughts

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Good post. Future is bright. WR and OL are deep in the draft, and we'll be picking ahead of San Fran and Seattle while Peyton Manning wins ring #2. We will still have a dynasty lead by Cam and Luke. Cam is the Michael Jordan of football and it even took Michael 7 years to win his first.

Posted

Cam is being handcuffed by the system that is in place.  He will never reach his true potential this way.

2 people like this

Posted

Great Post.  It's a good time to be a panther fan.  Keep pounding.  

Posted

Keep Pounding !!

Posted

Cam is being handcuffed by the system that is in place.  He will never reach his true potential this way.

How can anyone really believe this? We don't have any weapons. We don't have any weapons.

We. Do. Not. Have. Any. Weapons. The only scheme that could do anything with a bunch of decent players is exactly what we utilized: run-oriented, clock-grinding, efficient, find the open man offense. Anything else would have been a disaster.

Ginn is not a weapon, he's a role player with a certain skill. Olsen is a good all around tight end but not an elite receiving talent like Gronkowski or Graham. Smitty is 34 and limping. LaFell is a blocking receiver. Our running backs are standard fare. Tolbert is the most mismatched weapon we have and he's a fullback.

Our only true weapon is Cam, and he can not throw to himself or run every snap.

3 people like this

Posted

shula does not use his players skills efficently

1 person likes this

Posted

not having marty hurney slinging around picks is a good feeling

1 person likes this

Posted

fug shula. /Season

Posted

You, my friend, are an asset to this panther fan-base. We could use more like you on this board.

Posted

shula does not use his players skills efficently

So what would you have done with those players? It's easy to criticize a scheme without offering alternatives.

Posted

How can anyone really believe this? We don't have any weapons. We don't have any weapons.

We. Do. Not. Have. Any. Weapons.

Ginn is not a weapon, he's a role player with a certain skill. Olsen is a good all around tight end but not an elite receiving talent like Gronkowski or Graham. Smitty is 34 and limping. LaFell is a blocking receiver. Our running backs are standard fare. Tolbert is the most mismatched weapon we have and he's a fullback.

Our only true weapon is Cam, and he can not throw to himself or run every snap.

And this is the question DG will have to answer this off season. Is it the personal that makes Shula the OC he is? Or is it just him being a poor OC? Personally, I don't think Shula would know what to do with weapons if we had them. Ginn caught a quick screen out of the alot early and got positive yardage and then again at the end. It's plays like that, he needs to be calling when it's 2nd and 10 or similar with our suspect OL.

My opinion on DG will be formed after this off season. We are so close and have a great foundation to build from. Personally, I think tagging Hardy than trading for picks is best for the long term success of this franchise. Too many holes, and if we sign Hardy we will have to fill those holes the wrong way.

Get picks for Hardy, draft smart, draft weapons, take your saved money and lock up Cam.

I love the direction of this franchise and haven't been this excited about our future than I have been this season.