Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shula's Red Zone Issues....

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No no no! Don't put words in my mouth. I am not suggesting they bring Chud back. That would be stupid. My point was that there was a noticeable drop off between the offense under Chud and the offense under Shula. If I were the Panthers, I'd be on the phone with Norv Turner yesterday.

Yeah, we need to find some balance between those 2 idiots. If Turner is that guy then I'm all for it.

At 12-4 I highly doubt anyone goes. Which tells me the FO doesn't seen the obvious problem. I think you could give Shula 2 good WR's this offseason and it wouldn't make a difference. My best guess, Shula stays, DG drafts OL (already admits he screwed up with the Kugz pick) and they let Shula try and run the ball next year.

This offseason will tell us fans everything we need to know about DG. If DG wants to start building a winner he doesn't just keep someone because they went 12-4. He also finally addressing the glaring needs on our O at WR.

Posted · Report post

I believe Oline play has more to do with it than play calling.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah but I believe you call plays accordingly. Looks how SF had Kap roll out and then run it in because they knew we are solid up front.

It's no secret the Niners are solid up front so what does Shula do? He tries to go through them. Doesn't make sense.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, we need to find some balance between those 2 idiots. If Turner is that guy then I'm all for it.

At 12-4 I highly doubt anyone goes. Which tells me the FO doesn't seen the obvious problem. I think you could give Shula 2 good WR's this offseason and it wouldn't make a difference. My best guess, Shula stays, DG drafts OL (already admits he screwed up with the Kugz pick) and they let Shula try and run the ball next year.

This offseason will tell us fans everything we need to know about DG. If DG wants to start building a winner he doesn't just keep someone because they went 12-4. He also finally addressing the glaring needs on our O at WR.

Who is toting the rock for us?

Posted · Report post

Yeah but I believe you call plays accordingly. Looks how SF had Kap roll out and then run it in because they knew we are solid up front.

It's no secret the Niners are solid up front so what does Shula do? He tries to go through them. Doesn't make sense.

he called the same but Cam tripped over Wharton.

Posted · Report post

San Fran, with their fantastic o line, scored 2 TD's on rollouts.

Our OLine was actually fairly good yesterday. The sacks came when they knew what was coming.

Posted · Report post

Who is toting the rock for us?

Stewart, sadly. Dude isn't going anywhere with that contract.

Posted · Report post

The rest of the NFL having film of Shula's tendencies.

I'm not sure about that, I went through our red zone trips leading up to this game and noticed we seemed to keep shooting ourselves in the foot a lot for some reason (like Cam's INT vs. Saints.)

We also scored both times against the Falcons, once with a great rub route to Ginn and again with Cam beating an 8 man zone.

I think our struggles for the entire offense really came down to the running game falling off about halfway through the year when Cam started to consistently lead our running game. We didn't have any way to get the safeties out of the box without a consistent downfield passing game.

I really hope Gettleman takes this next draft to give Cam a lot of new weapons.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We called a roll out for Cam, he hesitated and came up short.

Posted · Report post

We called a roll out for Cam, he hesitated and came up short.

Gained positive yards though. Should have called it again instead of trying to go up the middle after that.

Posted · Report post

Trying to cram the ball down SF's throat wasn't smart... played right into their strength.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cam said in postgame he called the sneak himself

Actually what he said was he begged them to put it in his hands.

He didn't call the under-center sneak directly into the teeth of their defense. That play had/has Shula's name written on it in bright neon letters.
1 person likes this