Photo
- - - - -

Shula's Red Zone Issues....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#37 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

lol

Its like when I play basketball with my kids. I always have them shoot from the three point line knowing they can't make it. Then I get on their case about it. #parenting

Since I can't change my display name (changed it October 8th) can you do the honors and change it to either FreeLafell or FreeShula. I'll let you pick. I'm 2 for 2, lets make it 3 for 3

#38 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

i'm not big on criticizing play callers, just because i dont have enough info to really know by just watching on tv, but i knew when cam was under center on the 4th and goal on the one, we were screwed.  i would have like to see him from the gun so he could get a running start and leap over the pile like he has done dozens of times.

#39 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

I am not so sure Shula called a sneak. They are giving Cam more and more lattitude to check out of stuff. On that play he had Tolbert behind a fullback. Tolbert looked pissed walking off the field after that play. Cam screwed the pooch on that one.

You could very well be right.  We don't know for sure....the details of what happened or why Tolbert was pissed.

My point was that should never been the play call in that space against that defense....there were so many other options than go right at the best part of that defense.

It's over and done.

Gettleman strikes me as someone who will take the right action...but, the offense, needs an overhaul...stating the obvious, and its not just the players.

Hopefully, it is remembered how Shula got tihs job.

#40 Louie

Louie

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Norv Turner would pretty much guarantee us back in the playoffs next year.

This is exactly what I was thinking. So, the Browns kept all the assistants and just fired Chud? Isn't a new coach going to want their own staff? Could Ron call Norv now and ask him about coming here? Norv Turner is the person I would want in an instant to be the O coordinator. I think he would be the right mix between Chud and Shula because he liked running the ball (and his offenses were successful at it), but didn't go full retard like Chud. I think Rivera wanted Norv last year, but Chud had already promised him the gig beforehand.

#41 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

we don't have a red zone threat to throw to. so the defense always plays the run. which is our best chance to score in the redzone

#42 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

I wouldn't mind norv turner but wouldn't that make us the san diego chargers of about 3 years ago

#43 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

You could very well be right.  We don't know for sure....the details of what happened or why Tolbert was pissed.

My point was that should never been the play call in that space against that defense....there were so many other options than go right at the best part of that defense.

It's over and done.

Gettleman strikes me as someone who will take the right action...but, the offense, needs an overhaul...stating the obvious, and its not just the players.

Hopefully, it is remembered how Shula got tihs job.

I don't know. It was 1 yard. Would have been just as much complaining if we had spread them out and missed a throw. I like my chances with Tolbert behind a blocker to get 1 yard. If Shula wanted a sneak he would have gone 1 back and spread them out a bit more. Mr Spotlight Newton saw all the cameras and took the ball out of Tolberts hands. That's the chance you get when you let your QB change plays. Sometimes you get a TD pass like in the Saints game. Sometimes you get stuffed wasting a couple of players in the backfield.

#44 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

I don't know. It was 1 yard. Would have been just as much complaining if we had spread them out and missed a throw. I like my chances with Tolbert behind a blocker to get 1 yard. If Shula wanted a sneak he would have gone 1 back and spread them out a bit more. Mr Spotlight Newton saw all the cameras and took the ball out of Tolberts hands. That's the chance you get when you let your QB change plays. Sometimes you get a TD pass like in the Saints game. Sometimes you get stuffed wasting a couple of players in the backfield.

Can run from spread as well, agree? That was my point...run the ball based on d setup.

If this OC does not know this team does not match up well their d line to our oline, when wii he ever know it...this isn't the falcons.

Have to change up that running game..,and I don't see that either.

Would not hurt to have a TE in that back field either but let's just keep run a variation of the same running play over and over again

#45 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

madness i say, fire the OC after a 12-4 season

#46 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm not a Norv Turner fan but he's better than Shula.

#47 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I just don't think going 12 and 4 that any changes will be made.

#48 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Record doesn't always show success as a job. Jeff Davidson was 12-4 as our offensive coordinator, would y'all want him back?