Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettlemagic

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought, and still think he criminally neglected the offense in the draft and free agency, and we paid for it in the playoffs. And I will go to my grave thinking that KK Short and Kugbila were disastrous picks. Not that neither will pan out one day, but they were picks that left GLARING holes in the offense, and even the secondary of the defense. If he had hit on those two picks maybe we'd still be in it.

But on the other hand he has crafted the foundation of a defense that's solid. I can't say "he built a defense that's built to last and compete for a long time" since one of our defensive lynchpins is weeks away from walking. But Fox and Hurney did the same thing. They overcommitted to building a stellar defense in 2002 at the expense of the offense, finished with a mediocre record, then turned their attention to the offense the following offseason and took us to the Super Bowl with a complete team.

Maybe that's where we are. We just happened to finish with a much better than expected record (which to anyone who questions the heart of this team, we clawed our way to a 12-4 record with an above average team based on sheer will, determination and execution. And keep that in mind before showering praise on Gettleman). And next year, if we do the same thing, and overcommit to the offense, draft heavy on the offensive side, look for offensive stars in FA, we will be back with a vengeance next year.

I'm still not sold on Gettleman, but if he does with the offense this year what he did with the defense last year, I will be more than happy with him.

2 people like this

Posted

If Gettleman knows what's good for the team and subsequently him, he will go ahead and get Ric Flair signed up for next season.

Posted

When do we hear from him?

Posted

I'd love a state of the Franchise presser right about now. But Dave didn't have much to say last offseason.

Posted

When do we hear from him?

he will have a press conference announcing the team has parted ways with Mike Shula soon.

Posted

Good, yes. Great, no!

Drafting players and working the caps, excellent!

But, the success of this season should all go to Ron Rivera. He's the main reason why we won 12 games and are Division Champs. Rivera was able to play with what was given, and what Gman gave Rivera was very, very "little": Ginn, Hixon, Wharton, Mitchell, and Florence.

The loss yesterday directly points to Gettleman and his unwillingness to bring in a legitimate receiver for Cam.

2 people like this

Posted

he will have a press conference announcing the team has parted ways with Mike Shula soon.

We all know it should be done and we all know it won't be done

Posted

If he shows a commitment to fix the WR position in the off season then I will give him props that he has a vision for this team. If a GM can't fix a glaring weakness of a 12-4 team he has no business being a GM. There is no way a 12-4 team that played a tough schedule could have so many holes that a GM couldn't fix.

Posted

Just a couple pieces away on offense from being a very dangerous team. DG will get it done.

Posted

I wish we had of drafted Alshon Jeffery, other than that solid turn around in his first season. Fans often times get too greedy and inpatient. But like everyone else has said this off season Wil be hid real test.

Sent from my SM-N900T using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I still need to see what he does moving forward. He took over a team with a lot if talent and made some great moves, but he has only one season under his belt.

Still too early. Hurney and Fox had us in the Super Bowl in three years.

I'm a DG fan, but let's not get carried away yet.

2 years.

Posted

he did good at salvaging, let's see what he can do as the chief architect now.  he still has his hands full