Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettlemagic

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

20 is about right after cutting or re-working Godfrey. So much could change but it looks to pan out like so:

Resigns 15M:
Gross 4M
Hardy 5M
Mitchell 2M
Ginn 2M
Only leaves 2M for the rest

Draft 5M

FA 5M to field the team. Probably just enough to fill the 53 man roster.

As you can see we will have to hit it big again in the draft. Either that or use Hardy's 5M or so to bring in a combo of WR/Lineman from FA and resigns like Captain/Oline/Gano. I think by DGs comments, the latter is more likely

Posted · Report post

How about u stop complaining & appreciate what he has done so far. God it's hard being a fan sometime with so many dumb asses in the fan base.

I'm not appreciating nothing(yes, double negative for emphasis). Did we win the super bowl? No. We were just a one and done team that might not make it back if we keep ignoring the offense. By the way, you didn't say what made you so brilliant and the rest "dumb asses". Next time just skip over the comments you don't like. You don't have to reply to them.

Posted · Report post

Jeffery was drafted in 2012, gettleman had no control over that

Good call, didn't realize that.  Definitely would take him over Amini though, then and now even more so lol. 

Posted · Report post

One thing Gettleman definitely seems like he will be much better at, than Hurney, is building a team that can have sustained success.  That was Hurneys biggest problem really.. Just like Gettleman said in his press conference, you cant think with emotion.  Thats what it seems like Hurney did when he gave out contracts.  Hurney got us a great core of players, but he his mindset was too year-to-year, whereas Gettleman looks further ahead.  

Gettleman also does a good job at finding cheap talent...not Hurney's best area.

I know its only been one year, but for what we have to go off of, give him a ton of credit.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

And I will go to my grave thinking that KK Short and Kugbila were disastrous picks.

Short was a disastrous pick? 

Like, Armanti Edwards disastrous?

Posted · Report post

we're actually not that bad off:

Rank Team Cap Room
1 Cleveland Browns $24,194,764
2 Jacksonville Jaguars $20,099,666
3 Buffalo Bills $18,950,531
4 Miami Dolphins $17,802,920
5 Philadelphia Eagles $17,225,719
6 Carolina Panthers $11,637,268

gettleman has brought us a long way in a short time

Only difference is we have 21 UFA.....and a chunk of those are starters. That makes are cap situation to look okay glancing at it.....but we are in bad shape
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

we're actually not that bad off:

Rank Team Cap Room 

1 Cleveland Browns $24,194,764 

2 Jacksonville Jaguars $20,099,666 

3 Buffalo Bills $18,950,531 

4 Miami Dolphins $17,802,920 

5 Philadelphia Eagles $17,225,719 

6 Carolina Panthers $11,637,268 

gettleman has brought us a long way in a short time

11 million in cap room with 28 UFAs and two RFA is not a good scenario, it is very "cap challenged" as he said.

Posted · Report post

11 million in cap room with 28 UFAs and two RFA is not a good scenario, it is very "cap challenged" as he said.

We have 21 UFAs, not 28.

Posted · Report post

Short was a disastrous pick? 

Like, Armanti Edwards disastrous?

The player himself was not a disaster, but the double dip pick of a DT in the second was. With no third round pick, the second was our last chance to draft a day 1 contributor, and it would have been much better spent on one of the other areas of need; OL, WR, Secondary. They were all needs last offseason. They are all still needs a year later. He had an entire draft, and an entire free agency period, and the only positions on the entire team he materially improved were DT and S. That's pretty shaky.

Posted · Report post

The player himself was not a disaster, but the double dip pick of a DT in the second was. With no third round pick, the second was our last chance to draft a day 1 contributor, and it would have been much better spent on one of the other areas of need; OL, WR, Secondary. They were all needs last offseason. They are all still needs a year later. He had an entire draft, and an entire free agency period, and the only positions on the entire team he materially improved were DT and S. That's pretty shaky.

Can't agree there.

Short definitely contributed plenty (had a crucial play against the Patriots) and is probably a full time starter next season.  You also had A J Klein look pretty promising when he played, and Chase Blackburn absolutely helped us win some games.  Not to mention Ted Ginn.

Yeah, there are still needs, but you weren't gonna fix every problem we had in one offseason.  Andoutside of cap issues (which Gettleman has shown an ability to handle) we're in a pretty good position to fill those needs coming up,

Posted · Report post

[quote name="Evengelion" post="2616307" timestamp="1389752876"]

I'm not appreciating nothing(yes, double negative for emphasis). Did we win the super bowl? No. We were just a one and done team that might not make it back if we keep ignoring the offense. By the way, you didn't say what made you so brilliant and the rest "dumb asses". Next time just skip over the comments you don't like. You don't have to reply to them.[/quote

Save your English lesson & try giving credit to ones that deserve it as well. What makes me smarter then you on this topic. I realize you can't fix every problem or every position with the wholes we had & have. Except for cry baby fans like you it's never good enough. So all your do is Bitch & Bitch. That was what you were doing in your original post correct? So yeah I might just skip over your next post or other dumb asses just like you. Just maybe I needed to Check you for being such an unrealistic fan. Hey maybe I just took your words out of context, but I doubt it.

Posted · Report post

I remembered reading on here last season when the defense was still struggling, the speculation that the coaches were still working on building Cam. It seems this season Cam was the offense because they regressed and the defense got much stronger. 

I hope next season both sides of the ball bring their A game every Sunday.