Photo
- - - - -

Piece of poo Ref, Carl Cheffers, "Explains" Why He Didn't Call Twelve-Men In the Huddle Penalty

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Please tell...

I found Whittier, CA on the interwebz.

#17 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

He lives in Whittier, California. LA county.

Please tell...

#18 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,019 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Mitchell sounded off on the litany of bad calls.  May have been posted somewhere already.

http://espn.go.com/n...francisco-49ers

"I can't wait to play them [again] with a new set of refs in a new game," Mitchell said of the 49ers, who advanced to the NFC Championship Game.

"It was just ridiculous," Mitchell said. "A couple of things weren't called the same way. I made a good play taking his legs out, and he gets up in my face and head-butts me, which is the same exact thing you saw Captain Munnerlyn do."

Mitchell noted that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was at the game, "so I'd be curious to see what he thought about that."

"It was the exact same play," Mitchell added. "One team gets the call, the other doesn't. I guess that's human error in football."

Mitchell's next complaint was about a pass interference call on Carolina cornerback Drayton Florence on third-and-9 of that series. The officials said Florence never made a play on the ball. That gave the 49ers first-and-goal from the 1.

"I don't know if you call that in playoff games, but it is what it is," Mitchell said.

On the next play, television replays showed 12 players in the San Francisco huddle prior to a 1-yard touchdown catch by tight end Vernon Davis. It was not called.

"They had a guy in the huddle and they ran him out," Mitchell said. "We were all screaming 12 in huddle."

Referee Carl Cheffers said after the game he didn't call a foul because "the ball was not in play yet."

Davis' touchdown gave San Francisco a 13-10 halftime lead. Carolina coach Ron Rivera said the 12th player "was missed."

"Or at least I thought it was missed," he said. "I saw the guy run off late. Our players saw it."

Rivera wasn't as outspoken on the officiating as Mitchell was, but said, "there were some things in the first half that really bothered me."

Mitchell said he can't wait to play the 49ers again in the future.

"Everybody was emotional and upset, and rightfully so," he said of the scene in the locker room after the season-ending loss. "But I told guys as soon as they got in here, remember this feeling, that team. Remember this feeling and that team we just played because we will see them again and it's not going to be sweet."

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Guess where Cheffers is from

I'm guessing Cali, as his father was an official for the Pac-10.

#20 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Please tell...

Well, I can tell you his dad was a Pac-10 official... but I couldn't figure out where he was born/raised. 

#21 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,019 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Guess where Cheffers is from

Please tell...

Former Pac-10 ref....

Edit:  ^ it was his father that was  PAC-10 ref.......guy is just your typical fugging homer.  Geez.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

goodell had this happen exactly the way he wanted it to.

he's not going to do a damn thing.

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, if Goodell was at our game and watched this, he was there for a reason.  He oversaw it.

#24 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Mitchell just made the wound a slightly bloodied scab :)

Love that man.

#25 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

he felt obligated to give them enough time after he ran up to the huddle to tell them they had 12 guys

#26 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

There is an interesting conspiracy in the NFL with teams making the Superbowl that are getting or have recently gotten a new stadium.  See - 49ers.

#27 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

So the 49ers literally did bring their own refs with them.

#28 Semaj

Semaj

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Look Guys I love football and the Panthers. However I am very skeptical of officiating especially at the pro levels of professional sports. I am a huge Lakers fan since I grew up in LA. In 2002 I witnessed what was an obvious fix of a game that shamefully went in the Lakers favor. It was game 6 of the 2002 western conference finals against our rivals at the time, the Kings. Look it up. Just as That tool and worst commissioner ever Stern stole a game, I believe that other tool Goodell had plans for a SF victory. Yes we played a bad second half, but does anybody believe that would have happened if the refs hadn't castrated our defense? Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#29 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,670 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

the whole time that the group i was with and I watched the game we just turned to each other and had that look of "the fix is in."

we lost because of the refs and i'm the last person to blame refs. You have to will yourself over bad calls. But this was beyond flagrant.  They handed that game to the 9ers on a silver platter.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Look Guys I love football and the Panthers. However I am very skeptical of officiating especially at the pro levels of professional sports. I am a huge Lakers fan since I grew up in LA. In 2002 I witnessed what was an obvious fix of a game that shamefully went in the Lakers favor. It was game 6 of the 2002 western conference finals against our rivals at the time, the Kings. Look it up. Just as That tool and worst commissioner ever Stern stole a game, I believe that other tool Goodell had plans for a SF victory. Yes we played a bad second half, but does anybody believe that would have happened if the refs hadn't castrated our defense? Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I Kings were second favorite team, and then subsequently my favorite team for a period after we lost the Hornets.

I cited this series in another thread as well.  I lost a bet to a friend on that series, and there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that it was fixed then. 

I've just come to the conclusion that when big money is involved, the entity involved has some corrupt underworkings.  Yesterday was proof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.