Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live Press Conference with G-Man @ Noon

355 posts in this topic

Posted

So do you think our wide receiver core is stronger or worst than the year Cam first cam here?

From Cam's first year we are missing Legs, Jarret and A.E.  Now we have Ginn and Hixon.  Even if you don't think Hixon is worth it, he can't be worst off than Jarret and that's an upgrade, and Ginn is a definite upgrade over Jarret, A.E. and Legs.  So if we can stronger than then, why can't we see some success when teams do stack the box.  When you have 3 db's in coverage, Smitty, Ginn, Olson, Hixon will burn one on one coverages and that is how you make them pay.  So that will be one of those pick your poison deals.  

Plus, I do believe Hixon will not be back since he didn't get the playing time so D.G. will almost absolutely bring him a replacement.  

Can't wait for those ten minute long drives down 14 points,  unable to score with stacked boxes.

Posted

we'll have to trust gman and hope he makes the right decisions.

Posted

Which is cheaper and available - FA vet receivers with something left in the tank or FA vet o lineman?  I think that will determine what our draft plans will be.  This team needs to be super frugal for the next couple of years and spend its limited budget wisely.

Posted

With the 28th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the carolina panthers select....

Antonio "tiny" Richardson

Posted

hopefully he has a plan

Posted

it better be a good 1 too

Posted

Other than the Jets D-Line they were pretty weak.

Exclude us.....they are one of the top 10 we could face. They have no offense yet finished as the 11th ranked D.

Others than our defensive front we are weak.

Posted

Games are won in the trenches. I have to say that I like his approach. Look how a beefed up Dline made our D better this year. Imagine a beefed up Oline. A beefed up Oline might have got us in on those GL stands, who knows. Fix the Oline and watch our run game improve. Fix it, and watch Cam have more time to deliver the ball to his Wrs. We aren't as far off as some people think. We will be back next season

5 people like this

Posted

We have RBs like Gore and Lynch. Dwill is faster than both and Stew has about the same power as Gore. Lynch is in his own league with Charles. The problem is there was no push or hole generated from the O line thus no running game. That is why Cam had to ball it out this year. Fix the Oline and everything improves (run game, cam has more time to find wrs, wrs have more time to get open) a run game also commits an extra man in the box which will help the passing game. Domino effect. We saw how the dominos fell with fixing the d-line.

100% correct

Posted

So do you think our wide receiver core is stronger or worst than the year Cam first cam here?

From Cam's first year we are missing Legs, Jarret and A.E.  Now we have Ginn and Hixon.  Even if you don't think Hixon is worth it, he can't be worst off than Jarret and that's an upgrade, and Ginn is a definite upgrade over Jarret, A.E. and Legs.  So if we can stronger than then, why can't we see some success when teams do stack the box.  When you have 3 db's in coverage, Smitty, Ginn, Olson, Hixon will burn one on one coverages and that is how you make them pay.  So that will be one of those pick your poison deals.  

Plus, I do believe Hixon will not be back since he didn't get the playing time so D.G. will almost absolutely bring him a replacement.  

Teams have been stacking the box most of the year and have only had success from it. Look at how anemic our offense has been this year other than Cam. Right now we have a WR core stacked with number threes that's aging rapidly. We aren't going to magically start burning defenses down with a better O-Line. It's going to same poo as this year.

Posted

This man understands the cap and contracts better than anyone ever associated with the Panthers

Considering it's his job, I'd hope so.

Posted

I hope and pray Cam has a talk with him and tells him he wants a receiver 1st round. if cam wants that, he definitely deserves it after this year. if cam doesnt get what he wants, i will not be suprised if he is a real stiff in the contract negotiations.

Yeah man, Cam's legs was the sole reason we were so good on 3rd down most of the year