Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DG: We are still cap challenged....RR: Coaches staying

143 posts in this topic

Posted

He made a point in saying this..Probably laying the ground work for some real tough cuts and letting players walk.Also could mean no franchise tag for Hardy.Hope he has some tricks but those big FA signings may not happen..another season of one year rentals and low level signings.We will see..draft will have to be the way again. Going to be tough once again to fill all the holes with quality players. Also Shula isnt going anywhere so kill fhat idea....hope Hurney is enjoying the golf course.....son of a bitch.

2 people like this

Posted

overreaction to a couple words

edit: he changed his title which was what this post was for

Posted

Yep those rb contracts have really handcuffed us. I could see having one big contract there. But 2? Nothing personal, stew and deangelo are great guys but we now have glaring holes elsewhere that we can't easily fix. Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

this offseason may define Getty's legacy here for better or for worse.  if we lose Hardy, and the defense takes a huge drop without compensating more offensive talent, that may be where it sticks.

Posted

Didnt sound very reassuring about keeping Hardy...

2 people like this

Posted

hardy is more than likely gone. if we sign and trade. how much cap hit would that be? or does the team we trade to get that hit?

Posted

hardy is more than likely gone. if we sign and trade. how much cap hit would that be? or does the team we trade to get that hit?

im guessing/hoping zero, because a tag is guaranteed but it doesnt make sense for any team to have ever taken the cap hit it would seem to indicate.

Posted

Addison to the rescue!

Posted

I took it as Hardy being a goner. 

Truthfully, our defense still has the ability to be solid without him.  He's a great player, but with our set of DT's we still may be able to generate a rush.  I'm not sure whether this catapults the need for a DE high in the draft or not, most likely the middle rounds.

Either way the most important thing this team can do is fix the offense, and create room for resigning Cam.  If Hardy gets in the way of that, then we need to thank him and move on.

Posted

Didnt sound very reassuring about keeping Hardy...

read between the lines.  That was the first shot sent at Hardys agent.  Hardy wants to stay here.  If we tag him, hes getting traded to possibly a non contending team.  DaveG isnt gonna overpay hardy with his cap as fuged up as it is.  Hardy will push his agent to get a fair deal done.

4 people like this

Posted

read between the lines.  That was the first shot sent at Hardys agent.  Hardy wants to stay here.  If we tag him, hes getting traded to possibly a non contending team.  DaveG isnt gonna overpay hardy with his cap as fuged up as it is.  Hardy will push his agent to get a fair deal done.

i hope youre right.. but he definitely made me feel worse than before about our chances of keeping him.