Photo
- - - - -

cap hell for 2 more years...meanwhile in New Orleans...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

0000000.gif

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

For a one horse town- Wilson and the close proximity have put our some good players recently.  Peppers was also from just outside Wilson.  

#18 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Cap issues you say? Drew Brees wants an explanation.

#19 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

0000000.gif

Never gets old!

#20 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I agree Graham is a douche BUT if we could get him on the team and he was catching 15 TDs a year for us I could root for him. Now in all likely hood he will end up back on the saints so fug him!

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#21 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Yep. Saints gonna have to restructure their emergency quarterback colston.

#22 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

I agree Graham is a douche BUT if we could get him on the team and he was catching 15 TDs a year for us I could root for him. Now in all likely hood he will end up back on the saints so fug him!

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Jimmy Graham would help Cam more than any stud wr could.

#23 doogy

doogy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I wouldn't want to see that assbag in blue and black, especially after that taunting bullshit he pulled against us in the last game.

You're lying to yourself lol. Jimmy Graham is a beast, would take him in a heartbeat 

#24 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

He will stay... and we will continue to have redzone probs in the division 

#25 SnowPanther

SnowPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

found this at bleacher report regarding Jimmy Graham..

"It will be interesting to see if the Saints can get far enough under the cap to re-sign or franchise him. They are roughly $10 million over the proposed cap heading into the offseason, though they have some options to shed salary."

if that's true, they'll be cutting a good bit.  Don't see them letting him get away, at any cost.  But as bad as it looks for us, at least we're under the cap.

Wait until teams like the 49ers and Seahawks need to resign their young guys. Glenn Dorsey is up in 2015 and is on a bargain deal. Iupati is up in 2015 on a bargain deal. Crabtree is up in 2015. Aldon Smith is up in 2015. Kaepernick is up. Baldwin is up. Gore is up. Those are all massive pieces to that team, and the other major guys like Bowman, Willis, Stale, Anthony Davis, Vernon Davis are already on big deals.

Where as the Seahawks have guys like Unger, Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, and Sherman all on bargain rookie deals. And I mean bargain deals(most of them in the $400,000-$800,000) range.

When you draft well, especially in today's NFL with the rookie salaries under control. You're in the position to have 3-4 real dominant years with multiple pro-bowlers all over the place. But then when it comes time to renew, you're going to lose a lot of those guys because you're not going to have the cap space to keep them all.

#26 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

You're lying to yourself lol. Jimmy Graham is a beast, would take him in a heartbeat 

I doubt he and 89 would get along, anyway. 

#27 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

The cap is a joke and is easy to manipulate. When has a good player ever been let go because of the cap; it is usually dead weight that gets let go and GMs can easily restructure contracts if they want.

I'll bet you any amount of money Graham isn't going anywhere, neither is Hardy, at least not next year.

people say that year in and year out but that's not entirely true.  The NBA cap is a joke.  The NFL cap has ways to manipulate it but only to an extent.  At some point that manipulation is going to take a hit and usually just delays the inevitable.

#28 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I read on NFL.com that Brees was open to restructuring his contract. http://www.nfl.com/n...saints-contract

but it doesn't matter because we can't afford him anyway.

#29 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,275 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

Jimmy Graham is a 'beast'? This clown gets harassed by smaller DBs and is nowhere to be found. Sorry, I'd be pissed if G-Man offered him a big contract.

#30 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,704 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

if we stole jimmy graham from the saints i and every sentient human being on this board would be screaming for joy in the streets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.