• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#61 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

Idk, I think Harrelson is killing it in his own right. When it comes to the distraught narcissist trying to get his family back, his perfromance is pretty powerful. The hospital confrontation was really strong.

And as others have said, I've studied film and I got so enveloped in that last scene that I didnt even realize it was a continuous tracking shot. I was on the edge of my seat when the shadows started showing up through all the windows and he had to make a decision.... intense!

It just seems to me he's spent half of the last two episodes with this look on his face trying to be a bad ass.

Attached File  face.jpg   33.12KB   1 downloads

#62 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, but he gives up the entire badass facade when they're in the apartment and Cohle tells him they're doing this without any backup and going in alone.

The only few minutes of the episode I thought strayed was when Hart got impatient outside the biker's club and tried to get inside. That created some tension, but it was pretty lame compared to the rest of what's happened.

#63 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I watched all 4 episodes last night. Good sh1t.

#64 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Came across this essential supplemental reading for everyone...  I don't know how many of you are Robert Chambers afficianados, but I am not, and odds are, you aren't either.  So read this.  YOU HAVE TO READ THIS.  It definitely provides some deeper context as to what is going on in the show and gives you some stuff to think about as far as the characters are concerned:

http://io9.com/the-o...iate-1523076497

The King in Yellow is a fictional play within a collection of short stories—a metafictional dramatic work that brings despair, depravity, and insanity to anyone who reads it or sees it performed. Chambers inserts only a few selected scenes from the play into his story collection, and all of them are from the first act. This act, we are told, is a bit of a honeypot, luring readers into the cursed text. If they read even the first few words of Act II they are driven insane by the revelation of horrible, decadent, incomprehensible truths about the universe.

...more...

#65 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

wow reading that was as boring as the show.

#66 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

I only made it through episode 3 last night so as much as I want to read this thread, I just can't do it.

#67 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Matthew McConaughey's character ends up with Kate Hudson

#68 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

BPA

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Spoiler: the series is really just a prequel to Dazed and Confused

Alright alright alright

#69 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

Moderators

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Spoiler

#70 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Nice article from Shane Ryan about last night's episode and many of the potential theories he or others share.

http://www.pastemaga...f-all-life.html

One of the theories that I find interesting is Hart being the Yellow King. It's too extreme of a conclusion to draw at present IMO, but anything seems plausible at this point. 

#71 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

Moderators

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Nice article from Shane Ryan about last night's episode and many of the potential theories he or others share.

http://www.pastemaga...f-all-life.html

One of the theories that I find interesting is Hart being the Yellow King. It's too extreme of a conclusion to draw at present IMO, but anything seems plausible at this point. 

Wow, the Hart angle definitely seems plausible.  I didn't think about the timing of him stopping Cohle from entering the schoolhouse at the time he did.  Additionally, when he ran up and told him the info on Ledoux, I don't recall seeing him on a walkie or phone at all in the car either. 

And, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, I thought there was something to Hart's sociopathic tendencies.  It's weird how he wants to be a hero to prostitutes and such, but he treats his wife and children like crap... 

Spoiler

But, I think my theory may be more like it. 

I definitely think they're going to incorporate some kind of supernatural, evil element.  BUT, there are also many signs that Cohle hadn't been transformed into evil...  For instance, if he "became" the Yellow King, would he kill Tuttle if Tuttle was actually evil himself?  UNLESS, he killed Tuttle because he actually, sincerely wanted to stop those committing anti-Christian crimes, lol...  But, still...  And if he had been transformed into the Yellow King, considering his past history as a detective, would he be dumb enough to kill people and then start popping back up at the scenes of the crimes he's committing?  I doubt it.  That's too easy.  But, I do have serious questions as to how or why he just disappeared off the map for 8 years - that's where I wonder if there is some supernatural element involved.  AND, he did quote what Ledoux said to him to the present day detectives, so it seems like he bought into it...

Who knows man...  it could go a ton of different directions but, I hope he doesn't turn out to be the killer.

#72 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

I also think there's a chance Hart's oldest daughter may be wearing some antlers soon...

His family seemed pieced back together and then last night's events occurred, with him slapping his daughter after she had turned into a goth ***** or whatever she was going for. In the present day interviews, he's not wearing his wedding ring (an earlier episode drew light to this as well as he looked at his hand). Something I'm leaning towards, is this daughter becoming the next victim, who Cohle possibly discovers? Hart won't be able to investigate his own daughter's death I wouldn't think, so Cohle takes it on himself to do so? Or he has some connection with. If I'm not mistaken, he has a set of antlers in his apartment in the preview for next week. Maybe her death derails Hart's family, and sets Cohle off on his journey as suspect on the run/rogue detective working the case for all the years he has been gone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users