Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"At Least We're Not..."

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Jim Caldwell took over at offensive coordinator mid season and the Ravens won the Super Bowl the next season.

What happened with the Colts wasn't his fault. He won a Super Bowl with them as an assistant head coach, took them to another Super Bowl in his first season as head coach.

It's a damn good hire in my eyes

And then what happened this season?

And what happened after he took the Colts to the Super Bowl the year after Dungie? The team fell apart, even with Manning.

Caldwell is a terrible head coach, a terrible play caller, and a terrible motivator. 

Posted · Report post

Not even a joke, I'm so glad we're not the 49ers, with a classless, arrogant head coach and an insufferable douche of a quarterback. We might have come short this time but our coach humbly goes to his own players and other coaches seeking ways to improve and then acting on it rather than styling himself as God's gift to the NFL, and our quarterback is more concerned about winning on the field than any petty personal vendettas with other quarterbacks, takes the burden of leadership willingly and is willing to respond to criticism with hard work and a smile rather than pandering through social media.

LOL...please kindly remove your face from Cams anus and take a second look at what you said from a non-crack sniffing perspective. Cam is our QB and all, but the sheer (how can I say this)..umm...stupidness does not do justice to that post count (well perhaops it doesnt considering the posts around here)

No more need to be bitter at the 49'ers. Yeah their couch us a d-bag...and yeah their qb made fun of ours...but so what? We would be far worse for wanting to be a team like that. Ifg i am recalling the DG presser correctly, SF and Seattle are the types of teams we will be modeling ourselves behind. I know people are still bitter, but lets give credit where credit is due and not degrade ourselves to middle school "your team msucks and this is why" crap.

Edit: im drunk so forgive me :)

Posted · Report post

If we were the Lions, you could say you would be excited by the hire?

Caldwell is an average coach. If he was a GREAT coach, do you think Irsay would've fired him after purposely tanking? Caldwell benefited from having the greatest QB of all-time and inheriting an already constructed and established winning team.

And the Ravens offense didnt change a lot other than Caldwell sitting back and letting Flacco have more say in what the philosophy and calls would be, IIRC. The problem was Cameron was having a power struggle and ego battle with Flacco, so they fired him and brought in Caldwell to get back to what they were doing before the issues came up with Cameron (aka more Rice, with some deep shots sprinkled in). That's not to say that Caldwell isn't a good coordinator, he just hasn't proven to be a good head coach to this point, and Stafford is no Peyton Manning... maybe not even a Flacco. So, he has his work cut out for him.

I'm sure if they win their division next year go deep in the playoffs you'll probably say he inherits a great team with Megatron and all he needed was a couple of pieces. Well, for the sake of your future argument, every team is a good draft away from becoming a contender. After all, every team get to add more than 7 players to their roster.

Posted · Report post

Redskins. If we were the redskins, I wouldn't be able to laugh at almost my entire family all damn day long about their three wins, their shitty QB and their never ending staff woes. They simply have no future and it's hilarious.

Posted · Report post

definitely the redskins.  at least the cowboys, browns, jags, and other fans have known they're kind of doomed. a little over a year ago redskins fans thought they were set for the next decade and suddenly their world is in shambles.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Always happy to not be the Dallas Cowboys. They are in cap trouble, have a senile overbearing owner, injuries galore, aging core players, bad supporting coaches, and no real success since the 90's.

Posted · Report post

And what happened after he took the Colts to the Super Bowl the year after Dungie? The team fell apart, even with Manning.

Caldwell is a terrible head coach, a terrible play caller, and a terrible motivator. 

The Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006.

2007: 13-3

2008: 12-4

Where did they "fall apart?"

Manning was injured and missed the 2011 season.

2009: 14-2

2010: 10-6

Terrible Head Coach with a 26-22 record as HC

Terrible play caller as the offensive coordinator on 2 separate Super Bowl winning teams in 7 years.

Terrible motivator... have you ever practiced, played, watched film or spoken with him?

Didn't think so. You have nothing to support any of your claims. 

Posted · Report post

The Carolina Panthers...

Worst "new young QB".

Best WR is old and no successor in place.

Overpaid running backs

Emotionless, gambling, Coach

OC is terrible

going to lose Hardy via free agency

GM wears his pants over his belly button.

Bojangles Cajun chicken biscuits give you diarrhea.

South Carolina thinks its their franchise.

On 2nd thought...its the Raiders, Browns, and Jags 

Posted · Report post

Steelers:

Dont get me wrong, they have a rabid fanbase and a great coach.  But they also have an aging, very expensive QB, yea he played strong this year but how much does he have left in the tank?  They are even considering not resigning him either.  They have a very good young RB and WR, but Steelers are known for not paying for their guys after their rookie contracts.  And the defence.... man they appear to be getting old.

Jaguars... need I say more?

Raiders... need I say more?

The last two teams are the only ones in the league in which I am absolutely certain have no shot at playoffs in the next couple of seasons.

Posted · Report post

What about the Oakland Raiders? I've only seen one person say them, but they are so irrelevant that I literally haven't heard anyone say anything about them in years.

Posted · Report post

The Browns are perpetually awful.

The Jags have stunk for a while now.

The Lions are still the Lions.

Watch the Bengals sink back into mediocrity with Zimmer and Gruden gone (plus whoever gets pilfered from their staff).

The Raiders are still run by someone with the last name "Davis".

Jets get another year of Rex and are still owned by Woody Johnson.

Posted · Report post

Uh they got rid of half their team. How the hell would you know what kind of motivator he is?