Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mel Kiper Jr's first mock draft 1/15/2014

154 posts in this topic

Posted

I bet if I gave you enough money, you could!

Pay me enough money and you might get me to say it, but you could never make me think it :lol:

Posted

Brandin Cooks was excellent this past season. He is the 2013 Biletnikoff Award recipient. Whether his size translates well to the NFL is to be determined by those who get paid to evaluate. But Cooks looks impressive from YT Clips, and, more importantly, he had some great production.

Posted

People really don't know who Brandin Cooks is? Biletnikoff Award winner over Watkins and Evans, and his weakest game all season was 9 catches for 80 yards and a touchdown against Stanford. He went over 100 yards 8 times and went over 200 twice.  I'm not saying I'd take him there (depends on what other receivers are available), but he's a really talented receiver.  Quick, shifty, and ALWAYS gets open. Which we desperately need since our current receivers can't get any separation, even when Cam has 4 1/2 hours to sit back there and look around.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would much rather have Jordan Matthews from Vanderbilt based on who was drafted ahead of him.

3 people like this

Posted

Brandin Cooks was excellent this past season. He is the 2013 Biletnikoff Award recipient. Whether his size translates well to the NFL is to be determined by those who get paid to evaluate. But Cooks looks impressive from YT Clips, and, more importantly, he had some great production.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Sneaky shifty. Nice hands, and good speed.

3 people like this

Posted

Cam has sailed passes high for the three years he's been in the NFL. It was masked more when he was throwing mostly to two big TE's his rookie year. So people mock us a midget WR? No thanks. You can't expect every tiny receiver to turn into Steve Smith. Give me a big target for cam that can bring in those high passes.

If Evan, Lee, Watkins and Benjamin are gone, who would that leave us with in the first?

Posted

If Evan, Lee, Watkins and Benjamin are gone, who would that leave us with in the first?

OL.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree with 80% of the comments here, we need height at this position I really don't want to see any shorter than 6'2" and if it plays out like this mock I would rather go Matthews.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jordan Matthews

5 people like this

Posted

Cam has sailed passes high for the three years he's been in the NFL. It was masked more when he was throwing mostly to two big TE's his rookie year. So people mock us a midget WR? No thanks. You can't expect every tiny receiver to turn into Steve Smith. Give me a big target for cam that can bring in those high passes.

Good as a smaller receiver may be, we lack that big, physical target so many other teams have.

We need that, badly.

4 people like this

Posted

OL.

yea but i was referring to WR

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm pretty sure DG will go OL unless one of the top couple WRs tumbles.

1 person likes this