Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Star and Short wear down?

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Not sure about KK but I know Star played a ton of snaps at Utah, so the rookie wall might have not been as big of a deal for him? 

Posted · Report post

Not sure about KK but I know Star played a ton of snaps at Utah, so the rookie wall might have not been as big of a deal for him?

They both played over 90% of snaps. This was the big knock on both of them especially kk. He made insane splash plays then looked like he didn't care. But that's what happens when at 300 lb plus guy plays that much. As the Purdue coach said about kk, " he has the ability to take over the game"
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

They had strong postseason games and have been dominant all seasons, so IMO no.

Posted · Report post

anyone think short could be the next kevin williams? 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm really excited for the next couple of years for this duo.  I say the next couple because in 3-4 years, we get to contract time...and we know how much fun that is...

If we can get a similar production from Hard or his replacement(s), the 2014 season should be another fun, slobber knocking season!

Posted · Report post

They hit the wall and obliterated it.

San Fran's entire was pretty much non-existent. Hunter and Gore had their way with our Ends, who over pursued a fuckton throughout the end.

Posted · Report post

People see what a double dip did for what was considered one of the weakest positions on our team.. And then spew poo at gettleman for possibly double dipping on the offensive line, which is considered one of the weakest positions as of now... ?..

Posted · Report post

People see what a double dip did for what was considered one of the weakest positions on our team.. And then spew poo at gettleman for possibly double dipping on the offensive line, which is considered one of the weakest positions as of now... ?..

Ya can't please some folks.

Posted · Report post

The interior pressure and having CJ on the other side of the line made Greg Hardy's job so much easier this year, because he rarely had helpside blocking on his end of the line. He was getting 1 on 1 matchups until Johnson's knee came up funny and teams kind of adjusted after that, including the playoff game. Johnson was just a gigantic decoy out there for the most part. You can thank the guys up the middle for our ends having that much freedom to pass rush. Even if they did hit a wall, which I think they did to a degree, the opposition respected them enough not to let them run wild which is the most important thing you need from your D-tackles. Any stats they accumulate is just a bonus.

Posted · Report post

Star and Short hit a little rookie wall late mid season then they seemed to bounce back....Some of these UDFA we picked up will get a year of coaching now.  Young talent coached up will look nice and shiny.....KEEP POUNDING!