• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Most likely trade partner for Hardy?

I seriously doubt Oakland would give up their 1st round pick for Hardy. Maybe their 2nd. Another option would be to give them Hardy and swap 1st rounders with them.

I'd be happy with a high 2nd rounder for him. I don't really see any top-10 team giving up a 1st and the huge contract for Hardy. Maybe a team in the mid-late 1st, but there don't appear to be any obvious fits.

There is zero likeliness that the Raiders trade their draft pick at 5 For Hardy.

There 2nd and maybe a future 2nd? Sure.

No one is giving up a top of round one pick for Hardy. Oakland or Jag's might go for second rounder; but no way is Oakland giving up #5 for Hardy.

No one is giving up a top of round one pick for Hardy. Oakland or Jag's might go for second rounder; but no way is Oakland giving up #5 for Hardy.

Probably right. Al Davis died. Damn

If we do a non-exclusive and no offers from other teams come to Hardy, we're basically paying him the same of what he'd earn a year under a new contract (likely 2-3 mil less) so I'm with the non-exclusive franchise if we go the franchise route.   

But if we tag him we are hit in cap space by the tag price which is 10mil for a DE right?

until he was traded, which is what's being discussed here.

then the team he was traded to could work out a long term deal and lower their respective cap hit.

I would be shocked if we got anybody to pony up a 1st for Hardy.

Agreed, but I dont think that a package deal of our first and Hardy is out of the realm of possibility for moving up somewhat considerably.

i dont know which teams we find desirable and their respective cap or roster situation though, which would be the most crucial element of postulating this.

Raiders can get clowney on a rookie deal and save the money for other positions so it could rule them out, I would be tempted to swap first round order though and maybe a second rounder so we pick at five they go 28th and we nab there second

The problem is Hardy would essentially control where he's traded through his agent by indicating whether or not he would be willing to sign long term with the trade partner. 

So the real question is: Who would Hardy and Rosenhaus most likely approve as a trade partner? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams

This is a breakdown of teams needs in the draft. Only viable option there is Cowboys who have a hell of a cap problem than us or Vikings and Minnesota is going to go qb now doubt, no way hardy will entertain playing for the titans or the jags

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/1/14/5306840/2014-nfl-draft-defensive-end-linebacker-hybrid-a-need-for-bengals

Perfect fit right here for hardy! Sounds most logical because of there glaring need and they are pretty well covered in key positions so there needs won't be a reach like most teams in the first round. I'd take there 24th anyone agree?

Raiders DL was atrocious. I had heard they could be interested in trading for Clowney. Hardy would be just as effective and less draft picks. Hopefully they bite if we have to trade him in the end.