Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Johnson's cap figure

53 posts in this topic

Posted

is HUGE! Like $16 mil if Im reading things correctly.  Obviously that is way way too big.  What are our options for making it smaller and how much could we reasonably reduce it by?  He seems like a prime restructuring candidate along with Kalil and Olsen again.  

This and cutting Godrey are really our only hopes for reducing our cap figure significantly. 

Posted

He's already restructured. Unless he gives us back money for free, it's staying the same. Even if you restructure again, you're screwing your future again by pushing more money to the next year. 

Posted

N7OJVxB.jpg
6 people like this

Posted

He's already restructured. Unless he gives us back money for free, it's staying the same. Even if you restructure again, you're screwing your future again by pushing more money to the next year. 

yes everyone restructured last year.  i see no reason why they cant do this again, since he (and olsen/kalil) are still valuable productive players.  this isnt a deangelo situation, where even if it was a reasonable yearly amount at the time of the deal (which it wasnt), it was obvously going to be a bad deal down the road.  CJ, Kalil, Olsen shoudl be very good for a number of years. the restructuring really hurts when you need to cut someone. 

Posted

Yep, he's expensive. I'm very curious to see how DG navigates this cap mess. I imagine some if it will be by asking a few guys to literally take one for the team. Honestly, I hope signing a bunch of high character pays dividends very soon with regard to the cap and the overall good of the team.

Posted

Yeah we didn't get our moneys worth out of him. He's been great for us... but we paid him as if he was the top defensive end in the past 10 years.... which he certainly has NOT been.

Don't get me wrong, because I LOVE me some CJ.

Posted

I think it continues to go up too, 18 in 2015, 20 in 2016

Of the top of my head IIRC

Posted

377550023_d1e51ac5f7_thumb.jpg

Posted

I think it continues to go up too, 18 in 2015, 20 in 2016

Of the top of my head IIRC

After 2015 we can cut him and it would be a smaller cap hit.

Posted

Hurney fuged us with no vaseline

And so did JR letting him rape us

1 person likes this

Posted

CJ was and is definitely worth his contract and cap hit. He's like top 5 in sacks, pressures, hits and FF over the last 3 seasons. 

Also if you count the carryover from this season, Carolina should have around 20-30 million in cap space before extending Cam. 

3 people like this