#1 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

cam_ro.jpg

The Panthers line up with Cam in the pistol. Williams is offset a bit however. There are also blockers on either side of Newton. Cam will ride Williams while the blockers go to lead up for him to his right. On this play, Ahmad Brooks, who had a helluva game, takes dive/Williams. Between the linebacker and the safety to Brooks' side (red circles), somebody is supposed to have Newton.

I'm not going to steal his article but above is a sample.  Stephen White was a former player for TB and he is a great follow on twitter.  He normally does these for TB games but he also does some by request.  He places 85% of the blame on Shula.  I'm sure not many are surprised. It's worth a read.

http://www.sbnation....nce-campionship

Also his twitter if your're interested is @sgw94

#2 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

The lesson I that was proven to me was that when you show that you're fixing the game early, the players will be less inspired to fight back. Try to fix a game to late and it can back fire on ya.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,545 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Now taking bets on the crux of P55's response:

What does a defensive end know about offense - 7/1

What does the OP know about offense - 5/2

Generally gripes about the board gunning for Shula from day 1 - 2/1

"This bafoon was clearly looking at an inferior All-22 film than the one I watched" - 4/3

#4 Logan3Thomas

Logan3Thomas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Lafall is still on my poo list for not batting the ball down 

#5 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

outside of the 1 yard line work.....I thought the O was unstoppable for the 1st half.  Yeah, Cam had the one bad throw but they pretty much did what they wanted against SF.

Even though RR wouldn't fess up to it....89 was struggling to run in the 2nd half and was a decoy.  I do agree playing with a man down made it tough. Newton wasn't even pretending to look at 89...and he always looks for 89

#6 Third Degree

Third Degree

All we do is win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thanks, Obama

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,545 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

This makes it all that much more quizzical to  me that people came away from that game thinking "O-Line, first 6 picks". 

Cam had plenty of time to throw during the day. 

#8 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

I actually like that break down. It help my notice a few things. Good find

#9 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

This makes it all that much more quizzical to me that people came away from that game thinking "O-Line, first 6 picks".

Cam had plenty of time to throw during the day.

Well our LT leaving would be an issue. Also, helps to draft your future LT a year before he has to be your LT.

Cam definitely needs weapons though

#10 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Lafall is still on my poo list for not batting the ball down 

i still think that pass may have been intended for Olsen, Lafell just reacted like anyone else would, although he probably should have know olsen was behind him

#11 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

oline did pretty well pass blocking, it was the run blocking where we really sucked it up, and pretty much all year

#12 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Very nice find!  What it shows me is that you win some, you lose some.  When it's crunch time you have to make a play or else. 

That being said, a big portion of the blame can go to the offensive calls.  As Zod has been fond of, this article points out some of the problems with Shulaball this game.  My hope is that as Riverboat has grown as a coach, MAYBE Shula will....(hope?  pray?)  On the defensive side of things, some of those are just mistakes that players make.  As far as calling out Keukly about his PIs, it's part of the NFL.  Someone posted an article about how Seattle plays to PI, and refs will stop calling it because it makes them look bad.  If it works for the Legion of Boom, why not for everyone else?

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Very nice find!  What it shows me is that you win some, you lose some.  When it's crunch time you have to make a play or else. 

That being said, a big portion of the blame can go to the offensive calls.  As Zod has been fond of, this article points out some of the problems with Shulaball this game.  My hope is that as Riverboat has grown as a coach, MAYBE Shula will....(hope?  pray?)  On the defensive side of things, some of those are just mistakes that players make.  As far as calling out Keukly about his PIs, it's part of the NFL.  Someone posted an article about how Seattle plays to PI, and refs will stop calling it because it makes them look bad.  If it works for the Legion of Boom, why not for everyone else?

i wonder why there was such a discrepancy between the two halves, offense dominated first half but got dominated the second half.  they made adjustments at halftime, we didnt make any after the second half started.

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,640 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Luke does need to work on his coverage. Crazy part is he does a good job being where he is suppose to to take the play away normally.....the contact isn't needed

#15 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

i wonder why there was such a discrepancy between the two halves, offense dominated first half but got dominated the second half.  they made adjustments at halftime, we didnt make any after the second half started.

I think they just outcoached us at halftime.  Harbaugh and Roman are two excellent offensive minds.  Outside of the front 7, our D is really questionable (putting it nicely).  Once Mickel got hurt, that's when the Bolden play occurred.  In a game with two defenses who are really that good, all it takes is one young player out of position to allow the other guys an important play.

I'd love to, in a hypothetical way, see how this game turned out if a couple of the highlighted plays went the other way (greedy rearview looking!).

Alas though, the game is over.  San Fran is headed to Seattle while we figure out what to do with Greg Hardy.  This game ought to server the coaches a reminder of how to adjust and attack another team, and it ought to fire up the rest of the team.  Remember San Francisco, 2014!  New battle cry?  Or a theme?  Don't leave plays out there, don't give them an inch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com