Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmund Kugbila

48 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1888820/edmund-kugbila

WEAKNESSES: Disproportioned frame with some bad weight on his body (NFL Strength and Conditioning program). ... will overextend and get caught lunging. (Coaching)... streaky upper and lower body technique.(Coaching) ... bad habit of stopping his feet, struggling to reset. (Coaching)... allows blockers into his chest and needs to consistently keep rushers at bay and show same effort on each play. (Coaching/Attitude)... needs to improve his patience, vision and eye discipline.(Coaching/Attitude) ... too passive at times, needs to develop a more nasty temperament. (Attitude)... lacks ideal experience against top competition.(Give him time)

It's been easy to forget this guy, as everyone said he was drafted too high and then he got hurt before doing much.  But DG showed a pretty good eye for linemen on the defensive side of the ball, and this guy's biggest problems seem to be fixable.

Think the answer is already on the roster?

Posted

in gettlemen I trust, but carolina will need like 4 more linemen in the offseason. so only part of the answer is on the roster.

5 people like this

Posted

I'd like to see what he can do if he can stay healthy.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't credit drafting Star Freaking Lotulelei to Gettleman's "good eye." Not like he went out on a limb and took a chance on drafting a top 3 pick at 14.

8 people like this

Posted

I hope by draft time they can determine with somewhat accuracy what his trajectory is going to be. If he can be rotational player it would be like having an extra pick.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

He might be the answer for replacing Nate chandler but we need Bell on the bench

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't credit drafting Star Freaking Lotulelei to Gettleman's "good eye." Not like he went out on a limb and took a chance on drafting a top 3 pick at 14.

True. And a lot of people and a round 1 grade on KK.

3 people like this

Posted

He will essentially still be a rookie next year. Not expecting much.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Posted

he did take a risk, star didnt drop to 14 for nothing.  gettlemen bet the bank that star was fine and there was nothing wrong with his heart. he guessed right. he also thought short was a first round pick and what do you know, both star and short made the all rookie team.

1 person likes this

Posted

I still don't know what his injury was.

Posted

WKkNdge.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

As long as he's been working hard while sidelined and will work hard to return I'm fine. He's under a coaching staff that made Nate Chandler a viable right guard as a DT turned OT.

3 people like this