47 replies to this topic

#1 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

http://www.cbssports.../edmund-kugbila

WEAKNESSES: Disproportioned frame with some bad weight on his body (NFL Strength and Conditioning program). ... will overextend and get caught lunging. (Coaching)... streaky upper and lower body technique.(Coaching) ... bad habit of stopping his feet, struggling to reset. (Coaching)... allows blockers into his chest and needs to consistently keep rushers at bay and show same effort on each play. (Coaching/Attitude)... needs to improve his patience, vision and eye discipline.(Coaching/Attitude) ... too passive at times, needs to develop a more nasty temperament. (Attitude)... lacks ideal experience against top competition.(Give him time)

It's been easy to forget this guy, as everyone said he was drafted too high and then he got hurt before doing much.  But DG showed a pretty good eye for linemen on the defensive side of the ball, and this guy's biggest problems seem to be fixable.

Think the answer is already on the roster?

#2 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

in gettlemen I trust, but carolina will need like 4 more linemen in the offseason. so only part of the answer is on the roster.

#3 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'd like to see what he can do if he can stay healthy.

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

I wouldn't credit drafting Star Freaking Lotulelei to Gettleman's "good eye." Not like he went out on a limb and took a chance on drafting a top 3 pick at 14.

#5 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

I hope by draft time they can determine with somewhat accuracy what his trajectory is going to be. If he can be rotational player it would be like having an extra pick.
Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#6 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

He might be the answer for replacing Nate chandler but we need Bell on the bench

#7 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,712 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

I wouldn't credit drafting Star Freaking Lotulelei to Gettleman's "good eye." Not like he went out on a limb and took a chance on drafting a top 3 pick at 14.

True. And a lot of people and a round 1 grade on KK.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

He will essentially still be a rookie next year. Not expecting much.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#9 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,578 posts

he did take a risk, star didnt drop to 14 for nothing.  gettlemen bet the bank that star was fine and there was nothing wrong with his heart. he guessed right. he also thought short was a first round pick and what do you know, both star and short made the all rookie team.

#10 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

I still don't know what his injury was.

#11 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

WKkNdge.gif

#12 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

As long as he's been working hard while sidelined and will work hard to return I'm fine. He's under a coaching staff that made Nate Chandler a viable right guard as a DT turned OT.

#13 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Not all draft picks pan out.  If he can't get on the field next year he's probably not going to.  That said I think Kenjon Barner ends up getting a lot more playing time next year.  

#14 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

We have this guy and Amini and a young cheap RT

I don't see why people are tripping so hard over our O line. Gross has another year and we need another beast at LT and thats it. Unless we get some huge RT and take away our money for that.... but that seems extremely dumb considered our situation.

WR and CBs

and a gronk jr 

#15 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

He has the right size and lower body to stand up against bull rush and with long arms he can engage blocker head on .....He was pretty nasty at run blocking in college and should translate to the NFL. With a proper off-season conditioning and OTA he should be ready to bulldoze lanes for the RBs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com