Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chknwing

Official Stadium Renovation Progress Thread Update 2-21

Nicbsbll2    293

Construction was supposed to begin first thing Monday morning. I haven't been by there yet to see what they are doing (probably not much to see right now though). 

Jangler    704

Waste of money

yeah, possibly getting a Superbowl to Charlotte would be a waste of money...

• Pie 4

chknwing    14,198

That's definitely an old pic, that's last from last year when they changed the logos. As you see, those are the old logos in that pic.

better? heh I posted the wrong pic. :)

• Pie 1

SCP    30,419

Looks like they are taking it apart to move to LA.

For serious though I can't wait to see the new bells and whistles.

• Pie 6

SCPantherFan    471

I'm happy they are putting in a new sound system.  The sound system is awful and depending on where you sit in the stadium sometimes you can't even hear it.

• Pie 4

CatMan72    4,538

Sound system will be a HUGE upgrade, right now there are only speakers in the west end of the stadium (where I sit) which is fine for me but apparently there are people who can barely hear them where they sit. 

I'm also looking forward to the dual wrap-around ribbon boards because 1) it will cover up some ugly bare concrete and 2) it will really modernize the look and feel of the stadium on gameday. It will be interesting to see what they do with the ring of honor names since one of the new ribbon boards will go right over top of where they currently are. 

I'll never complain about bigger endzone video boards and people have come to expect much bigger boards than the Panthers currently have, so I totally understand this move and I think they struck a nice balance between making the boards significantly larger while still fitting within the overall scale of the stadium. 

I don't sit in the 300 or 500 levels so I won't need to use the new escalators, but I understand the need for them and it should reduce quite a bit of the traffic at the 4 main gates, which will directly benefit me (and it's all about me, LOL). 

Finally, I'm really glad they're doing something with those dingy dome lights on the outside - those things were so weathered and had so much crap built up in them over the years that they really became a black-eye on an otherwise beautiful stadium.