Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Wild graph showing all 32 offensive ranks by yards and points per game.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

We are the only team on the left side of the graph that made the playoffs.  We need some serious talent infusion on the field and at the OC position.

Attached Files

#2 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,266 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Yikes... just once I want to have a top rated offense and defense in the same season. 

In 2011 we were one of the top ranked offenses and this year we were 2nd in defense. 

Would be nice to run on all 8 cylinders just once! 

#3 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Most of us thought that Shula would be a problem, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

#4 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

He needs a shot of wild man in the off-season then.

Sent from my XT1060 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#5 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Just more fuel for the fire.  We need to get those play-makers that G-man discussed in his first presser.  Like it or not, a couple of our key Hog Mollies were on the sidelines this past season, and I suspect that G-man and Rivera have more faith in them than many Huddlers. G-man will take that into account when he's drafting, which bodes well for those of us wanting some WRs.

#6 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Most of us thought that Shula would be a problem, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Not if you listen to many.  Shula's getting the benefit of doubt for lack of play-makers. Well, he'll get his play-makers this off-season. Next year, no more excuses.

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

if you look our YPG isn't really the problem it's our PPG, San Fran and Seattle are just ahead of us in that department

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

i don't want to say that it was shula....but it was shula.

#9 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

And if not for Riverboat Ron, this offense would be ranked even lower. Settling for at least FGs instead of TDs.

#10 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Yikes... just once I want to have a top rated offense and defense in the same season. 

In 2011 we were one of the top ranked offenses and this year we were 2nd in defense. 

Would be nice to run on all 8 cylinders just once! 

that rarely happens, maybe you could say the saints were that this year 

#11 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Every time I look at it, I just shake my head. It's not something you can look at once, and get the full effect.  Looking at stats, rationalizing and coming up with excuses is one thing, but when you chart the sum of all the stats, then you see the bigger picture.

My wife has always said that some people learn differently, well if that don't tell you that something is really amiss with the offense, then nothing will.  And Shula is right in the middle of it.

#12 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

When I look at the difference between the teams on the right and the Panthers, I don't see Shula. I see AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, LeSean McCoy/DeSean Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Marshall/Jeffery, Nelson/Cobb/Lacy, Dez Bryant, Thomas/Welker/Decker, and Marshawn Lynch. *shrug*

I'm not saying Shula didn't make some bonehead calls, but what O Coordinator didn't, and what O Coordinator is going to come in here and give us a top 10 offense with old and injured running backs, and and old and otherwise mediocre receiving corps?

We need weapons. Again, not arguing that Shula is a definite keeper, just saying that in my opinion the path to a more potent O is through playmakers first.

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,916 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

http://www.oddsshark...e_of_possession

Interestingly we were near the top in time of possession, turnovers and penalties.

But near the bottom in pass attempts while near the top in rush attempts.

Looks like we have a ball control disciplined offense but need to open it up more.

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,114 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Not defending Shula, but if you are going to call for his head, at least have the whole picture. There's more to it than just total yards/points.

#15 Guest_shitposting_*

Guest_shitposting_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Someone post the teams with highest TOP, offense, and defense statistics. It'll shock some of those who assume you can't have a high powered offense with high TOP and a solid defense. Actually I'm starting to believe most of our TOP is achieved from just how sluggish our team is before getting a play off, not the plays themselves.

We already have the number of drives extended on third downs with Cam's legs in another thread, interesting numbers. I would love to see how many drives were extended, and points gained, from Ron going for it on fourth down. I wouldn't doubt that our offense overachieved this year, the horror.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com