Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefuzz

Wild graph showing all 32 offensive ranks by yards and points per game.

88 posts in this topic

Every time I look at it, I just shake my head. It's not something you can look at once, and get the full effect.  Looking at stats, rationalizing and coming up with excuses is one thing, but when you chart the sum of all the stats, then you see the bigger picture.

My wife has always said that some people learn differently, well if that don't tell you that something is really amiss with the offense, then nothing will.  And Shula is right in the middle of it.

When I look at the difference between the teams on the right and the Panthers, I don't see Shula. I see AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, LeSean McCoy/DeSean Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Marshall/Jeffery, Nelson/Cobb/Lacy, Dez Bryant, Thomas/Welker/Decker, and Marshawn Lynch. *shrug*

I'm not saying Shula didn't make some bonehead calls, but what O Coordinator didn't, and what O Coordinator is going to come in here and give us a top 10 offense with old and injured running backs, and and old and otherwise mediocre receiving corps?

We need weapons. Again, not arguing that Shula is a definite keeper, just saying that in my opinion the path to a more potent O is through playmakers first.

8 people like this

Not defending Shula, but if you are going to call for his head, at least have the whole picture. There's more to it than just total yards/points.

Someone post the teams with highest TOP, offense, and defense statistics. It'll shock some of those who assume you can't have a high powered offense with high TOP and a solid defense. Actually I'm starting to believe most of our TOP is achieved from just how sluggish our team is before getting a play off, not the plays themselves.

We already have the number of drives extended on third downs with Cam's legs in another thread, interesting numbers. I would love to see how many drives were extended, and points gained, from Ron going for it on fourth down. I wouldn't doubt that our offense overachieved this year, the horror.

1 person likes this

Not defending Shula, but if you are going to call for his head, at least have the whole picture. There's more to it than just total yards/points.

True. But we all know he's coming back, so it's kinda useless to call for his head. G-man is going to give Shula tools to improve and succeed. We will get a clearer picture next year. I hope that we are in the upper right hand quadrant.

1 person likes this

In the playoff game, even people who don't follow football heavily asked why the same goal line play was run multiple times

C'mon man

Sorenson can defend Shula all he wants but that was beyond stupid. It was myopic.

At first I couldn't find the Broncos.

5 people like this

In the playoff game, even people who don't follow football heavily asked why the same goal line play was run multiple times

C'mon man

Sorenson can defend Shula all he wants but that was beyond stupid. It was myopic.

I think Cam called his own number on the 4th down.

Could be wrong

1 person likes this