Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wild graph showing all 32 offensive ranks by yards and points per game.

88 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure he will, but you've got to think that after the Mike Wallace season and Percy Harvin not playing, the market may have soured a bit.

If any GM gives Nicks that kind of money , he should be fired before the ink's dry.

I think a short, $5 million a year "prove it" contract would be more than fair.

Players getting large contracts, and not living up to them isn't something new.

The market value for positions like quarterback, and wide receiver will not be going down anytime soon.

Posted

If any GM gives Nicks that kind of money , he should be fired before the ink's dry.

I think a short, $5 million a year "prove it" contract would be more than fair.

5 mil per year to prove it? fug that!  We should be able to get Maclin much cheaper than that, and Britt even cheaper. Not to mention Fred Davis.

Posted

And just for comparison here is the Offensive and Defensive graphs side by side (Yards/Points)

xHaE7mF.png

bbQdOfw.jpg

Posted

And just for comparison here is the Defensive graph (Yards/Points)

bbQdOfw.jpg

Tells you all you need to know.

Just think what will happen if we draft a legitimate shutdown corner.

Posted

The addition of the defensive graft is even more of an indictment of the offense.  

Posted

can you read?

wat wat?

Posted

Weapons won't matter.

Expect the same from Shula. Just like I told you last year around this time.

He just isn't a legit OC. QB coach is his calling.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, the hell we can.

Cam was our leading rusher with DeAngelo and Tolbert only having 8-9 total carries combined. Our run game was getting dominated but to have Newton take 55% of the carries is unacceptable. The lack of talent surrounding Cam is one thing but Shula truly had copious amounts of boneheaded moments this past year. Example? How about the idiotic bunch formation play where he had LaFell and [i believe] Hixon running the same route five yards apart from each other?

I think this is the best we could have done with our skill players. We controlled the clock and kept our defense on the sideline most of the time. You guys are too stuck on one particular play but don't see the bigger picture. Can you really say we underperformed offensively? Probably not. A lot of you complain that this was a top 10 offense under Chud but forgot it was a heavy read-option offense where Cam rushed for over 700 yards and that Chud got fired after only one year as a coach absent that luxury in Cleveland. I think we were methodical this year and move the ball well on offense against most teams. We had some nail biters against NO, NE, SF but those are superbowl caliber teams. One thing to also remember, Cam and Shula seem to like each other.

Posted

When I look at the difference between the teams on the right and the Panthers, I don't see Shula. I see AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, LeSean McCoy/DeSean Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Marshall/Jeffery, Nelson/Cobb/Lacy, Dez Bryant, Thomas/Welker/Decker, and Marshawn Lynch. *shrug*

I'm not saying Shula didn't make some bonehead calls, but what O Coordinator didn't, and what O Coordinator is going to come in here and give us a top 10 offense with old and injured running backs, and and old and otherwise mediocre receiving corps?

We need weapons. Again, not arguing that Shula is a definite keeper, just saying that in my opinion the path to a more potent O is through playmakers first.

Damn good point

Posted

Weapons won't matter.

As long as Rivera is the HC Shula will be the OC unless he leaves on his own. I don't think Ron knows very much about offense himself. He has defensive mindset and feels like he should win no matter what the offense does. Even listening to his press conferences I get the feeling he holds the defense to a higher standard.

Posted

Weapons won't matter.

So you are saying had the Panthers won ONE more game Shula would have been vindicated?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Novel idea with Star (not really because Rex Ryan did it with Sheldon Richardson). I would have been grinning, but others probably would have screamed bloody murder hadn't he made it. But he probably would have made it. That's thinking outside the box right there. If Shula could only read this.

It's really a concept from Madden. Line the hback up behind the guard and the running back on the same side about a yard behind the QB. Your hback has about the distance a QB would on a QB sneak and the QB has the option to hand off through the hole or take it to the outside.