Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say Hardy walks...

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Even steve smith said Decker wasnt very good. Can you name any Peyton Manning WR besides Wayne Harrison and Garcon and that is still relevant?

Posted · Report post

Even steve smith said Decker wasnt very good. Can you name any Peyton Manning WR besides Wayne Harrison and Garcon and that is still relevant?

When? is there a quote? 

Posted · Report post

No Decker. He is a product of Peyton. I do like Hakeem Nicks and/or Mario Manningham. I also am a fan of D-Will and would like to retain him and pray he takes a pay cut...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Decker is not a product of Manning. Decker was putting up good numbers with Kyle Orton before The Golden Calf of Bristol came and handicapped the passing game. If you look at the first four games that Orton played completely, Decker put up 270 yards and 4 TDs. If you extrapolate that unitl the end of the season, Decker would have been a thousand yard receiver if Orton hadn't been axed. Not to mention the TDs. I, and others, don't believe that Decker is a true WR1, but he can put up WR1 numbers when defenses are focusing on someone else, which makes him probably the most coveted WR in free agency, particularly if you base his value on his production. Don't get it twisted, Decker is a good route runner, and he is an excellent red zone threat.  With Cam, Smitty, Olsen and another legitimate threat at WR on the field, Decker could do wonders for an offense. 

Now, I don't think that Decker is in the cards for the Panthers because of his price tag, but don't be surprised when he gets a bigger contract than Nicks or Manningham because he's largely outplayed them both.  If you watch the game this weekend, keep an objective eye on Decker, and imagine him within the context of our offense.  He's a much better route runner than you're giving him credit for.

Posted · Report post

Lol at people saying Decker is a product of Peyton...

In highschool he was ranked the NUMBER ONE WR in the country.... in college he was an ELITE top 5 WR....

He still carries that into the pros. He is sure handed, dosent get rattled, strong, smart.

I say we have enough for Hardy. Other than Luke Cam Hardy no one else deserves big money?

He was pretty confident in his press that we are good with the hog mollies.

You guys rollllll with the popular opinion 

That is all fine and dandy but it really comes down to what you produce as a NFL player. Elite top 5 WR dont go in the 3rd rd of drafts either. 

He is currently the 4th option in Denver behind D Thomas J Thomas and Welker. He is good but he will not meet expectations on another team. Peyton makes him great. I would compare it to how Aaron rodgers made greg jennings great. 

Posted · Report post

As his 4th year in the league who else has 4 td games? D Thomas is on another level as well.

Greg Jennings is no where near the level of Eric Decker. Mentally, physically.

He is light years above Lafell.

Smitty would be the 4th option on the broncos as well.

Posted · Report post

That is all fine and dandy but it really comes down to what you produce as a NFL player. Elite top 5 WR dont go in the 3rd rd of drafts either. 

He is currently the 4th option in Denver behind D Thomas J Thomas and Welker. He is good but he will not meet expectations on another team. Peyton makes him great. I would compare it to how Aaron rodgers made greg jennings great. 

Decker is the second option in Denver based on the 2013 regular season. He had over 1200 yards, which is about 500 yards more than either Welker or Julius Thomas. And he only had 142 less yards than Demaryius Thomas. All of their TDs were in the same neighborhood (except D. Thomas had three more).  He was also the second option, by a larger margin in 2012, when Manning had D. Thomas, Jacob Tamme and Brandon Stokley.  Basically, he does it with or without more quality options around him. He just needs that WR1 opposite him to take away the pressure.

Posted · Report post

HOLY SHIT ITS SPELLED KALIL NOT KHALIL

He's been here for 6 goddamned years

Posted · Report post

What about cap rollover from this season? Couldn't that give us closer to $25 mil in cap space?

I dont know. You'd have to ask someone else about that.

Posted · Report post

Decker is a legitimate WR2 that sometimes puts up WR1 numbers and scores TDs. We'd be extremely lucky to land him.  And being the way that things are looking with the Hardy situation, I'd give the numbers a look. But, like I said, the way G-man is talking I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Posted · Report post

If hardy is smart. He will walk.

He'd be the best defensive end on the market, and will get paid.

Posted · Report post

I rather have Decker who is more durable than nicks and talent wise  Decker > Nicks.......but the best option is to draft a WR ....usually FA WR do not live up the expectation especially the ones who are injury prone

Who wouldnt want Decker over Nicks?

Only thing is Gman is going to play hard ball. Decker will get a long term deal while Nicks and Maclin will likely get "one yr" deal offers. You bring in a guy like Nicks for one year and take a rookie receiver as the long term process. Nicks will have to again have to prove that he is deserving of a long term contract either with us or another team.

Posted · Report post

HOLY poo ITS SPELLED KALIL NOT KHALIL

He's been here for 6 goddamned years

Im really sorry. Should I lied about it and blame it on the iphone (typo)?