Photo
- - - - -

Trade Talks: Okafor for Chandler

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#106 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

I like that combo too Chandler/Diaw. Can you see Chandler actually catching those great passes that Diaw dishes and dunking it down someones throat. Instead of Oak bobbling the rock and messing up the play all together. Plus the fast breaks we can do with G-force on one side Hendon the other and chandler down the middle. That will be nasty!!!

I said this early in this thread but doesn't Chandler remind you more of Alonzo M when he was in charlotte then Oak does?

Even with diaw we still need another PF.

#107 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

Chandler is getting an opportunity here like he hasn't had since his Chicago days. We're looking at him like a front line center and I would imagine that we're going to work our post game around getting him the ball down low just like we did with Okafor.

Chandler still has a ton of upside, and for those eye rolls out there he's actually a few months younger than Okafor only he came out early. Chandler had a higher shooting percentage last year.

Okafor was not an elite defender. He was an elite shot blocker, but there is more to the position. Chandler, by contrast, is an elite defender.

Now i'm not going to say we're getting the better player or anything, but in terms of the roles that each player is predicted to play for their new team.... I like the chances of Chandler being more of an impact player for Charlotte than Okafor being for New Orleans.

As much as we loved Okafor, he's an undersized center with elite shot blocking and rebounding skills. Any offensive game he has is what we forced on him. He's terrible at the line, as is Chandler, and he's going to have trouble against the competition in the West.

I think this Charlotte team is going to be a lot closer to the playoffs than many here think. With the maturation of Augustin coupled with the emergence of a few key support players like Diaw there could be some noise made.

He is like 4 or 5 day's younger. Not months. Also those extra years can hurt a center. I still like the trade though and I'm not the least disappointed.

#108 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

im starting to like the trade more and more.. but if i told you last week we were going to trade Okafor- wouldnt you think we would be able to get more than just Chandler?

#109 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

im starting to like the trade more and more.. but if i told you last week we were going to trade Okafor- wouldn't you think we would be able to get more than just Chandler?

I will admit for awhile now I've been putting Oak in alot of trade scenario. Didn't think the team would do it of course.

#110 Guest_BradThomas_*

Guest_BradThomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

I like that combo too Chandler/Diaw. Can you see Chandler actually catching those great passes that Diaw dishes and dunking it down someones throat. Instead of Oak bobbling the rock and messing up the play all together. Plus the fast breaks we can do with G-force on one side Hendon the other and chandler down the middle. That will be nasty!!!

I said this early in this thread but doesn't Chandler remind you more of Alonzo M when he was in charlotte then Oak does?

Yeah, I was thinking that too. He does kind of remind me of Zo a bit.