Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox and the Broncos

119 posts in this topic

Posted

Let's not forget at the time fox became our head coach "veteran game managers" had won two of the last three Super Bowls (Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer). Also the running attack was much more important even in the early to mid 2000s than it is now.

Fox did a great job his first four years here. His best coaching performance was probably '04 when the 1-7 team almost made the playoffs.

After '05 it tailed off but we never know what '07 could have been if jake had not blown up his elbow.

I like him and his teams produced most of my favorite panther memories. His only flaw, IMO, was sticking with jake after the '08 season instead of trying to find an upgrade or any real competition at QB. After that playoff run I think Fox had pretty much run his course here.

3 people like this

Posted

John Fox has very little to do with the Broncos success right now, their defense is abysmal and Peyton and that offense is carrying the team.

6 people like this

Posted

Fug Fox. He mailed it in, and got paid

millions to give us a team that averaged 10ppg. He couldn't develop talent, couldn't make adjustments, and turned his back on us when that wasn't good enough.

6 people like this

Posted

John Fox has very little to do with the Broncos success right now, their defense us abysmal and Peyton and that offense is carrying the team.

and they'll have just as much success against the Seahawks D as the Taints did. Don't get how the Broncos are favored to win today, they are a one trick pony.

Posted

I don't see the Broncos getting past New England, unfortunately.

1 person likes this

Posted

cuzy2yr.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand this obligation to root for John Fox just because. I wish the man well, he's a good coach, but he's in Denver.

Posted

I don't like Fox because he kept a chokehold on the offense, was wildly inconsistent and gave up in the end. If not for Manning he'd be doing the same in Denver.

And he led us to three of of our five playoff appearances and our only NFC Championship, and it easily could have been more if injuries hadn't happened (2004, 2007).

1 person likes this

Posted

John Fox is the greatest Head Coach in Panther history. Wrap your head around that. John fox made 8-8 a bad season. Anyone around for the Seifert days knows how much he meant to us. Don't tell me John Fox mailed it in in 2010. The entire fugging organization did from Jerry Richardson to Steve Smith. Fox went down swinging, even if he was swinging at Hurney.

I'm rooting for Fox, he's a good coach and a good man. He took us to the Super Bowl and made us credible for a stretch of 6 seasons. He had some injuries work against him or we very well may have gone 2003-2006 with 4 straight playoff births.

Some of you guys hate your own players and coaches a little too much. Being a Panther should make you a Panther for life. This sort of mantra has served other franchises well.

8 people like this

Posted

And lets not act like Peyton Manning was delivered to Denver by a Stork. Peyton Manning chose to play for John Fox because he respects him as a coach. Would Manning have chosen Rivera? fug no he wouldn't.

2 people like this

Posted

I personally think fox is/was a good coach. It was just time for him and the panthers to part ways.

1 person likes this

Posted

I liked Fox during his early years here... But then, his attitude started grating on my nerves. The way he treated reporters, the way he always did his best to not say anything, etc. Then, the game management style of offense began to fall out of favor, and Fox did not change. Even for that, I could have still rooted for the guy, but then the whole last season where he didn't even try... That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I wish him well, but I do not hope that the Broncos win a Super Bowl.