118 replies to this topic

#16 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,775 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

John Fox has very little to do with the Broncos success right now, their defense us abysmal and Peyton and that offense is carrying the team.

and they'll have just as much success against the Seahawks D as the Taints did. Don't get how the Broncos are favored to win today, they are a one trick pony.

#17 lola

lola

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

I don't see the Broncos getting past New England, unfortunately.

#18 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

cuzy2yr.png

#19 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,268 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

I don't understand this obligation to root for John Fox just because. I wish the man well, he's a good coach, but he's in Denver.

#20 TN05

TN05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationConover, North Carolina

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

I don't like Fox because he kept a chokehold on the offense, was wildly inconsistent and gave up in the end. If not for Manning he'd be doing the same in Denver.

And he led us to three of of our five playoff appearances and our only NFC Championship, and it easily could have been more if injuries hadn't happened (2004, 2007).

#21 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

John Fox is the greatest Head Coach in Panther history. Wrap your head around that. John fox made 8-8 a bad season. Anyone around for the Seifert days knows how much he meant to us. Don't tell me John Fox mailed it in in 2010. The entire fugging organization did from Jerry Richardson to Steve Smith. Fox went down swinging, even if he was swinging at Hurney.

I'm rooting for Fox, he's a good coach and a good man. He took us to the Super Bowl and made us credible for a stretch of 6 seasons. He had some injuries work against him or we very well may have gone 2003-2006 with 4 straight playoff births.

Some of you guys hate your own players and coaches a little too much. Being a Panther should make you a Panther for life. This sort of mantra has served other franchises well.

#22 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

And lets not act like Peyton Manning was delivered to Denver by a Stork. Peyton Manning chose to play for John Fox because he respects him as a coach. Would Manning have chosen Rivera? fug no he wouldn't.

#23 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I personally think fox is/was a good coach. It was just time for him and the panthers to part ways.

#24 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

I liked Fox during his early years here... But then, his attitude started grating on my nerves. The way he treated reporters, the way he always did his best to not say anything, etc. Then, the game management style of offense began to fall out of favor, and Fox did not change. Even for that, I could have still rooted for the guy, but then the whole last season where he didn't even try... That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I wish him well, but I do not hope that the Broncos win a Super Bowl. 

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,268 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

John Fox is the greatest Head Coach in Panther history. Wrap your head around that. John fox made 8-8 a bad season. Anyone around for the Seifert days knows how much he meant to us. Don't tell me John Fox mailed it in in 2010. The entire fugging organization did from Jerry Richardson to Steve Smith. Fox went down swinging, even if he was swinging at Hurney.

I'm rooting for Fox, he's a good coach and a good man. He took us to the Super Bowl and made us credible for a stretch of 6 seasons. He had some injuries work against him or we very well may have gone 2003-2006 with 4 straight playoff births.

Some of you guys hate your own players and coaches a little too much. Being a Panther should make you a Panther for life. This sort of mantra has served other franchises well.

I couldn't help but notice you forgot to mention that he never had back to back winning seasons here.

And lets not act like Peyton Manning was delivered to Denver by a Stork. Peyton Manning chose to play for John Fox because he respects him as a coach. Would Manning have chosen Rivera? fug no he wouldn't.

They are at different stages in their coaching careers, not really a fair comparison to say the least.

#26 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

It is what it is....

#27 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I couldn't help but notice you forgot to mention that he never had back to back winning seasons here.

They are at different stages in their coaching careers, not really a fair comparison to say the least.

In 2004 we lost Steve Smith week 1. We missed the playoffs on the last day of the season. I get it, you have the next man up mentality etc... But Steve was becoming the best in the league. Coming off that injury in 2005 he was the best in the league.  Had things turned out differently that year we would have had three straight winning seasons.

#28 ThPantherFan

ThPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Broncos success isn't because of Fox.  Manning runs that offense.

#29 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,268 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

In 2004 we lost Steve Smith week 1. We missed the playoffs on the last day of the season. I get it, you have the next man up mentality etc... But Steve was becoming the best in the league. Coming off that injury in 2005 he was the best in the league.  Had things turned out differently that year we would have had three straight winning seasons.

I'm not placing the blame for that entirely on him, but I'm just saying, it cannot be ignored.

#30 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

in 2004 we ended 7-9...we woulda been 8-8 with that last week...thats not a "winning" season but it woulda been a playoff berth so its a toss up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com