386 replies to this topic

#361 Icebox

Icebox

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

No, we don't decide anything here. The real decisions belong to the front office.

I doubt we will sign Cooper. I just don't think he's going to be exiled from the NFL because of the idiotic comment he made at a country music concert. He's got talent, so he's going to get paid by someone.

#362 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Personality plays a big part in football, fitting into a locker room matters. Cooper's past will follow him, whether people such as CarolinaCoolin, or Icebox like it or not.

I'm sure Cooper has said racist things like that before amongst his friends, he just happened to get caught that time, he showed himself for what he truly is. If he hadn't been videotaped, exposed, and forced to apologize because his career was in jeopardy, he wouldn't have given a damn.

#363 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Andre could end up being a casualty due to the Texans cap.

How would you feel about Andre Johnson in Carolina blue?

I would trade hardy and a pick for him

Bring him in!!!!!!! Thought about that idea months ago already.

I'd be fine with sacrificing Hardy to get him. Smitty, Ginn, Olsen and Johnson would be a pretty frigging good receiving corp.

who wouldnt want him?

One year deal Gettleman style? HELL YES. He could be our Anquan Boldin.

God.

Andre and Smitty.

fug everything else.

I'd definitely sign him

BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

AJ would solidify us as a elite team

Get rid of Hardy in order to sign someone like Johnson? Hell to the yeah

Expecting even half the impact from a rookie is a pipe dream.

first 5 seasons:

games missed:

Andre: 10
Nicks: 10

totals/averages:

Andre: 371 Rec, 4804 Yd, 25 TD
Nicks: 311 Rec, 4622 Yd, 27 TD

Andre: 74.2 Rec, 960.8 Yd, 5.0 TD
Nicks: 62.2 Rec, 924.4 Yd, 5.4 TD

Playoff totals/averages:

Andre: N/A
Nicks: 28 Rec, 444 Yd, 4 TD

Andre: N/A
Nicks: 7 Rec, 111 Yd, 1 TD

Both guys are big, physical receivers with great hands. Both guys missed the same number of games and had very, very similar production their first 5 seasons. Yet the huddle wants the expensive 33-year old, not the 26-year old who is cheaper. Not to mention he is a Super Bowl Champion with Smitty-esque playoff numbers.

I love this place.

#364 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

somebody is going to throw a shitload of cash at him and I doubt it will be the Panthers. 

#365 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

first 5 seasons:

games missed:

totals:

averages:

Both guys are big, physical receivers with great hands. Both guys missed the same number of games and had very, very similar production their first 5 seasons. Yet the huddle wants the expensive 33-year old version, not the 26-year old cheaper version.

I love this place.

I wouldn't mind either one... So I don't know why you included me in this O.o 

#366 TN05

TN05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationConover, North Carolina

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

first 5 seasons:

games missed:

totals:

averages:

Both guys are big, physical receivers with great hands. Both guys missed the same number of games and had very, very similar production their first 5 seasons. Yet the huddle wants the expensive 33-year old version, not the 26-year old cheaper version.

I love this place.

Wow. You do realize Andre Johnson played with David Carr for four of those years in an era where you didn't throw as much, right? Why not compare what they've done while playing at the same time?

Andre Johnson - 441 Rec, 6282 Yd, 28 TD (68 GP/GS)

Hakeem Nicks - 311 Rec, 4,622, 27 TD (70 GP, 59 GS)

Averages (per season):

Andre Johnson - 88 Rec, 1257 Yd, 6 TD

Hakeem Nicks - 62 Rec, 924 Yd, 5 TD

That guy has carved an amazing career and never had a great quarterback - he's just like Steve Smith in that regard. He elevates the talent around him, and I just don't think Hakeem Nicks can do that... that said, I'd be fine with either, but I'd only sacrifice Hardy for Andre Johnson.

#367 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Wow. You do realize Andre Johnson played with David Carr for four of those years in an era where you didn't throw as much, right? Why not compare what they've done while playing at the same time?

Andre Johnson - 441 Rec, 6282 Yd, 28 TD (68 GP/GS)
Hakeem Nicks - 311 Rec, 4,622, 27 TD (70 GP, 59 GS)

Averages (per season):
Andre Johnson - 88 Rec, 1257 Yd, 6 TD
Hakeem Nicks - 62 Rec, 924 Yd, 5 TD
That guy has carved an amazing career and never had a great quarterback - he's just like Steve Smith in that regard. He elevates the talent around him, and I just don't think Hakeem Nicks can do that... that said, I'd be fine with either, but I'd only sacrifice Hardy for Andre Johnson.

Yes, Andre Johnson played with David Carr. What's your point? Hakeem Nicks had to play with Eli Manning who just had a season worst than David Carr ever had.

Regardless, I don't see how you think it's fair to compare a guy in his prime to a guy just entering the league. That's hilarious.

Do you wanna compare Cam's last 3 seasons to Peyton Manning while you're at it?

#368 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

if the panthers could get Nicks on a decent contract, i wouldnt be mad.

#369 TN05

TN05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Yes, Andre Johnson played with David Carr. What's your point? Hakeem Nicks had to play with Eli Manning who just had a season worst than David Carr ever had.

Regardless, I don't see how you think it's fair to compare a guy in his prime to a guy just entering the league. That's hilarious.

Do you wanna compare Cam's last 3 seasons to Peyton Manning while you're at it?

How many Super Bowls has Eli Manning won, and how many times did David Carr make the playoffs?

#370 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Clear and Objective. Forget the pie get this guy the bakery.

Of course you will still get some in here that have minds like bricks and instead of opening up they would rather find something, anything, to retain their hard opinion.

first 5 seasons:

games missed:

totals:

averages:

I love this place.

#371 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

How many Super Bowls has Eli Manning won, and how many times did David Carr make the playoffs?

Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls, but so has David Carr. What is your point?

#372 Guest_Dark Knight_*

Guest_Dark Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Let's compare Carr's stats his 4 seasons with Andre to Eli's stats his last 4 seasons with Nicks.

Carr: 62.1% completions (1010 of 1626)
Eli : 60.3% completions (1336 of 2215)

Carr: 50 interceptions (3.1% INT rate)
Eli : 83 interceptions (3.8% INT rate)

Thanks for making another argument for signing Nicks.

#373 TN05

TN05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls, but so has David Carr. What is your point?

Very funny. Carr isn't good enough to start over Manning, so I'd say Manning is better, no?

Once again - I'm not arguing against signing Nicks. I just wouldn't break the bank for him, take him over Hardy, or take him over Andre Johnson.

#374 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

Very funny. Carr isn't good enough to start over Manning, so I'd say Manning is better, no?

Once again - I'm not arguing against signing Nicks. I just wouldn't break the bank for him, take him over Hardy, or take him over Andre Johnson.

We can't break the bank on anyone. I'm a defensive guy if all contracts were equal I take Hardy. I don't see Andre helping us any more than Nicks looking at the arguments here. For future sake I think it helps us more to take Nicks, where will we be in 3 years after taking two mid 30 aged receivers. Rebuilding our entire receiving core? At least with Nicks we have staggering ages especially if we can supplement with a young draft pick.

#375 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Both guys are big, physical receivers with great hands. Both guys missed the same number of games and had very, very similar production their first 5 seasons. Yet the huddle wants the expensive 33-year old, not the 26-year old who is cheaper. Not to mention he is a Super Bowl Champion with Smitty-esque playoff numbers.

I love this place.

I never said I wanted him over Nicks. In fact if you read through the Nicks thread you'd understand my view unlike the majority here  who don't want him. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.