#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,054 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

If I do say so myself, I came up with a great idea when I called for a trade for Gordon before he got too hot. Well, here is another good idea that could be very beneficial, doesn't have to cost us a dime in the immediate future, and would bring in another legit play-maker for our offense. If Hardy is too expensive, and is going to go anyway, then we could use something to look forward to to sweeten the pot in our eyes. Along with the decided draft picks---at least a 1 (if not two of them), perhaps with the addition of a 2 in this scenario---we need to include Denarius Moore.  Like I had said earlier last season regarding Moore, no one can deny his talent, and he will benefit from the change of scenery. He's certainly an upgrade over LaFell, and he does have WR1 potential, or at least he certainly plays like it at times.

I still say we need to draft another WR relatively high in the draft, but boy would Moore be a smart addition to the squad, and an excellent option for Cam.

#2 PantherDynasty

PantherDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

This is not a new idea.

#3 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Wouldn't wish the Raiders on anybody.....

#4 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,054 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

This is not a new idea.

OK, smart guy, you show me where someone else has mentioned Hardy to the Raiders and Moore to the Panthers.  I must have missed it.

#5 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Best I can find for when a tag, and trade actually occurred in the NFL, was in 1998, and 2000.

In 1998 it was the Panthers who traded two first rounders to the Redskins for franchise tagged DT Sean Gilbert.

In 2000 it was the Cowboys who traded two first rounders to the Seahawks for franchise tagged WR Joey Galloway.

#6 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

well since hardy would have to agree to the deal, I'm pretty sure he doesnt want to be a sucky ass raider

#7 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

If I do say so myself, I came up with a great idea when I called for a trade for Gordon before he got too hot. Well, here is another good idea that could be very beneficial, doesn't have to cost us a dime in the immediate future, and would bring in another legit play-maker for our offense. If Hardy is too expensive, and is going to go anyway, then we could use something to look forward to to sweeten the pot in our eyes. Along with the decided draft picks---at least a 1 (if not two of them), perhaps with the addition of a 2 in this scenario---we need to include Denarius Moore.  Like I had said earlier last season regarding Moore, no one can deny his talent, and he will benefit from the change of scenery. He's certainly an upgrade over LaFell, and he does have WR1 potential, or at least he certainly plays like it at times.

I still say we need to draft another WR relatively high in the draft, but boy would Moore be a smart addition to the squad, and an excellent option for Cam.

What do you mean "wouldn't cost a dime"? In order to do this, we would have to rig up some sort of franchise tag then trade deal, which would immediately accelerate all of the guaranteed money in the franchise tag against our cap as dead money the second that Hardy would be traded.

#8 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

We'll know in a month.

#9 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Best I can find for when a tag, and trade actually occurred in the NFL, was in 1998, and 2000.

In 1998 it was the Panthers who traded two first rounders to the Redskins for franchise tagged DT Sean Gilbert.

In 2000 it was the Cowboys who traded two first rounders to the Seahawks for franchise tagged WR Joey Galloway.

Come on now Matt Cassel tag and trade to Chiefs.

And certainly we needed another Hardy trade thread.

http://www.carolinah...y/?hl=explained

http://www.carolinah...walks/?hl=hardy

http://www.carolinah...flcom/?hl=hardy

http://www.carolinah...hardy/?hl=hardy

http://www.carolinah...e-him/?hl=hardy

http://www.carolinah...-good/?hl=hardy

#10 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

What do you mean "wouldn't cost a dime"? In order to do this, we would have to rig up some sort of franchise tag then trade deal, which would immediately accelerate all of the guaranteed money in the franchise tag against our cap as dead money the second that Hardy would be traded.

http://www.carolinah...y/#entry2618086

Take a look at the non exclusive part. I believe that is the scenario op is getting at. As long as hardy would be traded before a certain deadline no cap penalties/Dead Money would be assessed.

#11 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

You are correct, forgot about that one. Article I read was before that trade occurred though I think.

As for the threads, well, better get used to that now, it's gonna be a long offseason.

#12 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

The Jets and Rams swappef right tackles a few years ago using a sign and trade. When it happened it was noted as a rare occurance.

Its a situation that fans who dont grasp the cap come up with every year.

Its a risky proposal that can backfire and screw you. Technically its not even legal to tag and trade. You have to sign them to a deal that your trade partner will agree to.

#13 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

As for the threads, well, better get used to that now, it's gonna be a long offseason.

I hear ya, gonna be Peppers all over again.

#14 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Just for fun, when the Chiefs tagged Jared Allen in 2008, he was given a 1 year contract worth $8.8 million guaranteed. He was then traded to the Vikings in April for a first and two thirds in the upcoming draft. He then signed a contract with the Vikings worth $750,000 base with a $15.5 million signing bonus. Total cap hit that year to the Vikings was $8 million. Total cap hit to the Chiefs was $0.

#15 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

well since hardy would have to agree to the deal, I'm pretty sure he doesnt want to be a sucky ass raider

If he was tagged and agreed to it, then doesn't that mean he's signed a contract? If so, can the team then trade him away for picks/players?

So while he may not want to be a Raider, if he agrees to the tag, the team could then move him there and he'd have to go right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Denarius Moore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com