Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Greatest Video Game Franchises

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Poll: GOAT Franchises (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best?

1. Mario/ Zelda/ Pokemon (22 votes [16.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.30%

2. Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter (5 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

3. Elder Scrolls/ Fallout (19 votes [14.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.07%

4. Metal Gear Solid/ Tom Clancy (8 votes [5.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.93%

5. Resident Evil/ Silent Hill (5 votes [3.70%] - View)

6. Battlefield/ COD/ Halo (8 votes [5.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.93%

7. Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts (10 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

8. Uncharted/ Max Payne (2 votes [1.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.48%

9. Counter Strike/ Half Life (5 votes [3.70%] - View)

10. Grand Theft Auto/ Red Dead Redemption (10 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

11. Assassin's Creed/ Hitman (2 votes [1.48%] - View)

12. Portal/ Bioshock (3 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

13. God of War/ Dark Souls (2 votes [1.48%] - View)

14. World of Warcraft/ League of Legends (6 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

15. Batman Arkham/ Gears of War (3 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

16. Mass Effect/ Star Wars (6 votes [4.44%] - View)

17. FIFA/ Madden/ 2K etc. (6 votes [4.44%] - View)

18. Misc. Racing games. (1 votes [0.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.74%

19. Other omg how did you miss .... (12 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Halo 2 was horrible imo. It was way too rushed and felt very incomplete... especially in the campaign that just abruptly ended.

Uh halo 2 was the best one...

Perfected online console gaming and basically laid the blueprint for Xbl to work properly. Also what it brought to e sports and how to was the corner stone for MLG for years alone makes it one of the best games of all time. One of the most competitive console fps' ever made

#32 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Gears of War, by far, my favorite. 

#33 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Mario/Zelda most likely.

But GTA/Red Dead is very strong.

I think that Mario/Zelda changed gaming forever, and so did the well done sandbox's of GTA and Red Dead.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,213 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

If you were voting for just one, I'd say it'd have to be Mario.  Is there any game series more prolific?

(Madden would have to be a strong contender though)

#35 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,935 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

If you were voting for just one, I'd say it'd have to be Mario. Is there any game series more prolific?

(Madden would have to be a strong contender though)

While Mario is without a doubt the GOAT. I'd make an argument for Metal Gear Solid as a close second. Revolutionized the gaming industry with it's storytelling, in game cinematics as well as it's gameplay. Also the boss fights were epic.

#36 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Halo 2 was horrible imo. It was way too rushed and felt very incomplete... especially in the campaign that just abruptly ended.

Yeah but the multiplayer was outstanding, Pretty much the best multiplayer game till Halo 3 and COD4 on the xbox. and that's a long time being the best.

#37 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,692 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

I must be weird because I felt like Halo went down In quality with the inclusion of multiplayer the way it was designed on Halo 2. Didn't enjoy halo 2 at all, thought both the sp and mp was subpar. Crimson skies was the mp king for me on the original xbox for most of the time I owned one. I haven't really enjoyed a halo game since the first one. I absolutely hated halo 3 and took it back after like a week. Gears was awesome though as a mp experience.

#38 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,935 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

I must be weird because I felt like Halo went down In quality with the inclusion of multiplayer. Didn't enjoy halo 2 at all, thought both the sp and mp was subpar. Crimson skies was the mp king for me on the original xbox for most of the time I owned one. I haven't really enjoyed a halo game since the first one. I absolutely hated halo 3 and took it back after like a week. Gears was awesome though as a mp experience.

you must be outside of your mind if you think halo 2 was bad it is the greatest multiplayer game of all time.

#39 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,270 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I could never get into Halo.  Lord knows I tried.

I guess after playing the somewhat realistic Call of Duty it was hard to switch to fighting aliens with green blood and plasma cannons.

#40 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Yeah but the multiplayer was outstanding, Pretty much the best multiplayer game till Halo 3 and COD4 on the xbox. and that's a long time being the best.

MP was good, for the most part. But once everyone learned glitches (a few places you could get out of the level with a sniper rifle and, you know, shoot fish in a barrel).

I thought single player in CE was much better and MP in 3 and Reach were much better (mostly because of the Forge)

#41 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Dark Ages of Camelot for me, especially the vanilla / first xpac. Nothing cooler than having a realm fight between players of one faction taking on another, almost beating them up and taking control of their keep, just to get ambushed from behind by the third faction and fighting on two fronts.

Plus, I played a stealther that got to scale walls, assassinate folks, then jump off and run for my life back to my own crew, who were busy beating down the doors to get in as well. Most fun I'd ever had in an MMO, until they introduced the time-sink xpac that forced you to go farm crap for gear.

#42 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,698 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

MP was good, for the most part. But once everyone learned glitches (a few places you could get out of the level with a sniper rifle and, you know, shoot fish in a barrel).

I thought single player in CE was much better and MP in 3 and Reach were much better (mostly because of the Forge)

Halo 2 was better than h3 in multiple and hands down far and away better than reach. Reach is regarded as the worst halo mp game out of the 5. The bloom along with the sprint jet pack armor abilities and instant spawn made it to much like cod. Which isn't halo at all

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,692 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

you must be outside of your mind if you think halo 2 was bad it is the greatest multiplayer game of all time.

LMAO.... haha. Shoddy weapon design, shoddy vehicles, shoddy map designs = a very broken MP experience. (further on this if you click the link.) 

If your talking multiplayer in general Starcraft blows it out of the water, if your talking about FPS then Counter-Strike blows it out of the water. That's just off the top of my head and both are far away better then Halo 2. Halo wasn't even the best game of that November. 

The only thing that Halo has to it's name is that it was arguably the first console game to get multiplayer right, but it isn't nor will it ever be the greatest multiplayer game of all time. Halo 1, not 2. Halo 2 was a drastic drop off from the first Halo in every sense. 

This is Halo 2 in a nut shell.

http://www.1up.com/f...res/broken-halo

List the many numerous mp breaking features that Halo 2 had, it was all in all a very shitty MP experience. Console players thought it was gold because they didn't know better. 

#44 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Halo 2 was better than h3 in multiple and hands down far and away better than reach. Reach is regarded as the worst halo mp game out of the 5. The bloom along with the sprint jet pack armor abilities and instant spawn made it to much like cod. Which isn't halo at all

regarded by whom?

Pretty sure I stated "I thought..." as in, my opinion because *I* was the one who felt H2 was incomplete and buggy.

I prefer the Forge because many of H2's maps were completely unbalanced with weapons. Everyone made a mad dash to the energy sword at the beginning of each game. Better hope that someone on the same team didn't also grab the shotgun since it's basically the only close quarters weapon that gave you a chance. Being most maps had only one of each, or one or the other, the team who gets them first dominated. Don't worry about ammo with the weapons switch glitch.

#45 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,692 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

regarded by whom?

Pretty sure I stated "I thought..." as in, my opinion because *I* was the one who felt H2 was incomplete and buggy.

It wasn't incomplete, nor all that extremely buggy. It was just poorly designed from the ground up. lol The mp was horrendous with numerous design problems. The Spawn system, map design, weapon design, vehicle deisgn and the matchmaking system were all poorly done. I believe that covers the gamut of a MP experience. 

While the single player experience was meant to end on a cliffhanger in Halo 2 to build excitement for halo 3. With that said it wasn't all that enjoyable for me, I felt they spent too much time designing the horrible MP experience. I'm not sure how most didn't see or remember the press slamming Halo 2 and calling it's MP garbage when compared to PC MP experiences or the first Halo game. 

What's sad about Halo 2 is the weapon and map system were by design because so many people complained about Halo: CE maps and weapon balance. Oddly enough it's Halo: CE that had nearly perfect balance with it's weapon and maps while Halo 2 was about as far from balanced as you could get when it came to the Weapons and Maps. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com