Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two receiving TEs

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

very true.

another big pass catcher and a 6th OL in one guy...sounds like a winner there if we can get one.

I like the idea, but who would fill those requirements?

Posted · Report post

Tight end and free agent receiver like Tate or Nicks and I'm happy! You don't need to just pigeon hole these guys, they can play traditional sets or wideout or in the slot! Like broncos Julian Thomas or Gronk does! I think the idea is underrated by some on here! I'd rather have smitty nicks olsen and say ebron outthere than smitty lafell ginn hixon like last season! It's just a multiple of threats and plays you could use whereas the latter quarter we had this year were predictable and has no explosiveness or power

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't mind grabbing CJ Fiedorowicz in the 3rd, guy even has an american eagle tattoo like Shockey. He's a 6'6" fantastic blocking TE with long arms, big and soft hands that improved greatly on catches in 2013. Some might say we have Hartsock as our blocking TE, but it seems age caught up to him with injuries, especially considering he'll be 34 and a free agent next season. 

hi-res-7621528_crop_650.jpg?1389839108

I like him as a big target. My only gripe is that he seems to fall down easy (much like Olsen does).

Posted · Report post

but but but but da Hartsock and da da da da da Brandon Williams.... lol.... I'd rather  a huge target WR.

Posted · Report post

We cant have 2 TE Threats until we have 1 WR threat. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like Olsen a lot at TE but he just can't break a tackle to save his life. It seems like he is tackled right where he catches it every time. I think it's time to get someone to complement Olsen at TE 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I hate that Brandon Williams didn't get a chance on the field with Newton.. I still have high hopes for him

Posted · Report post

Well, G-man's comments on his philosophy of building a roster didn't necessarily hint at him not valuing OL in the upper rounds.  He said he wanted to build from the trenches outward.  He also said he wanted TD scorers.  IMO, based on our needs and his comments, we're taking OL or WR in the 1st.  Maybe a TE if someone like Ebron were to slip.

I agree with you on his comments of building from the trenches outward.  The main point of my assumptions here is that it seems Gettleman believes he can find his hog-mollies without using a first round pick to get them.  He could then use said first round pick on one of those fancy TD scorers that most of us around here have been screaming for over the past several seasons.  BTW Ebron is more than just a TE and I would have no problems seeing him walk out with a Carolina #1 jersey on draft day.

Posted · Report post

One word ASJ.

Posted · Report post

I'm sold on picking a WR if one of the elite guys falls: Watkins (yeah right), Lee, Benjamin, or Matthews. I don't want a Cooks or Moncrief in the first.

However, we should be cautious in our optimism on that point. The fact is that it is rare for a WR to have an immediate impact. Most don't reach their potential until their third or fourth seasons. Most likely, a first round WR selection is an investment in the future; not an immediate impact performer

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm sold on picking a WR if one of the elite guys falls: Watkins (yeah right), Lee, Benjamin, or Matthews. I don't want a Cooks or Moncrief in the first.

However, we should be cautious in our optimism on that point. The fact is that it is rare for a WR to have an immediate impact. Most don't reach their potential until their third or fourth seasons. Most likely, a first round WR selection is an investment in the future; not an immediate impact performer

we're still waiting on Lafell...

Posted · Report post

After Cordarrelle Patterson (pick #29) and Keenan Allen (3rd round), I want and we need immediate impact with pick #28.