Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahoo contributor Jonathan Wagner on Nicks.

136 posts in this topic

Posted

900 yards without mental effort and a bad season by Eli. Anybody who doesn't see this as a dream come true literally wants to continue to live the nightmare of our bottom ranked offense

yeah...he "checked out" and still managed just under 900 yards? i'll take that.

3 people like this

Posted

oh...and was it him not finding the endzone or him not being targeted in the red zone?

that 0 TDs looks bad, but he had only one catch all year in the red zone out of 11 targets. i mean that's not great, either...but when you look at the whole picture, eli only through 18 TDs all year, and that was to 6 different receivers.

fwiw, randle had the most with 6 then cruz with 4 and then 4 more to their TE brandon meyers. after that was 4 TDs split between 3 guys.

that offense was pretty bad all year. i think you put him in a more competant offense and you'll see him return to form.

Posted

I'm concerned that we have to make all these excuses for a guy who's being touted as a possible savior to our receiving corps.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm concerned that we have to make all these excuses for a guy who's being touted as a possible savior to our receiving corps.

who is saying anything about him being "the savior" to our WR corps?

pretty much everyone is saying he'd be an upgrade over lafell. not much more than that.

i think he is one option among several WR FAs that could be the easiest to aqcuire and on par with the top options. i think that we should also draft a guy early...and then that guy would likely be the "savior" of the WR corps. i think most would agree with that.

nicks would just be making a fair WR corps better.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have some of his nicer rookie cards so that would be a plus

1 person likes this

Posted

So he made himself affordable and created some doubt so we would not get into any kind of bidding war or his services?

Well Allright!!

Worth a Shot as Lafell has done nothing to secure the number 2 spot. A good number 2 should be a guy who could take the 1 spot if called upon and sadly Ginn was the closest thing that qe had to that which is the sad state of our WR corp.

A Normal Nicks is yes.. A hamstring problem guy but Mushin Muhammed was the same. To think we would be worse off with him is laughable.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do want. His lack of effort is obviously an "I want out" signal. We will have to pay for him but he would be worth it.

Posted

Nicks 50% >>>> Fail 120%

Nicks 50% >>>> Lafail 120%

Fixed

Posted

who is saying anything about him being "the savior" to our WR corps?

pretty much everyone is saying he'd be an upgrade over lafell. not much more than that.

i think he is one option among several WR FAs that could be the easiest to aqcuire and on par with the top options. i think that we should also draft a guy early...and then that guy would likely be the "savior" of the WR corps. i think most would agree with that.

nicks would just be making a fair WR corps better.

The huddle consensus seems to be that Hakeem Nicks will largely solve our woes at the position.

All along I've been against paying him big, if we can get him for a reasonable price, I'm for it. But we have no indication that he is only looking for a one year deal, or to take a cheap contract. We'll have to wait and see. It also heavily depends on just how sought after he will be once FA begins.

Posted

Let's not make this some conspiracy that absolves Nicks of any blame.

I might buy what you are saying here if he had not been fined by his own team for conduct. Not to mention he couldn't find the end zone, but he wanted to tell the media he is still a top receiver in the NFL. That's a concerning mindset in the midst of a losing season. How will he respond to adversity here?

The guy has talent, that isn't what is up for debate currently, it's what's going on upstairs. Gettleman is going to take a hard look at the whole thing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Nicks saying he thinks he is still a top receiver.  That is a lose-lose situation.

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if Nicks took a discount to come here. He's from NC, favorite player is Smith and of course the connection with Dave. He would fit the offense perfectly. great blocker, can catch, run routes etc. He's the reason Cruz was able to put up staggering numbers. He just needs to be disciplined which I believe Ron and the staff can do. He's an underrated FA imo just because of the lack of production from last year when he didn't want to be in NY.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't think there is anything wrong with Nicks saying he thinks he is still a top receiver. That is a lose-lose situation.

He scored zero touchdowns, the team had not won more than 2 games in a row all year, and he was supposedly missing team meetings. It's not a smart move. The smart move would have been to say "I'm concerned with where our team is at right now, not myself".