Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo contributor Jonathan Wagner on Nicks.

Hakeem Nicks Jonathan Wagner Yahoo Sports Carolina Panthers 2014 free agency

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#106 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,681 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Very clever of you to delete the comment. But you know you said it. About page 2 or so of one of the earlier Nicks threads.

In any event, I have never been banned before.A long time ago I used to post on the scout.com forum, but I've never been banned from any forum of any kind. I don't troll like you do, so I wouldn't expect to be. I don't know why I'm taking the bait even engaging you in conversation. You don't want to talk Panthers. You want to nitpick, pick fights, and pretend like you know what you're talking about.

So let's summarize here.

You make a statement basically telling everyone that rookie wide receivers do not contribute right away using inaccurate information. You get proven wrong, and corrected on said information, and then immediately change the subject by randomly accusing me of saying something in some thread somewhere from who knows when, yet you cannot provide the post. It's a conspiracy!

Yeah, I definitely think you should just go back to lurking.

#107 EightyNine

EightyNine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

I'd sign him to a 1 year 2 Million dollar deal.

No you wouldn't because he would probably laugh in your face at that offer.

#108 Toundra

Toundra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

When your 0-6 and your quarterback is constantly throwing it to the other team, you see how hard you play.. He's not the only on that team that took the year off. You can go down the roster

This is not an excuse, a player lowering his arms is not a player i want in my team.

You can count on Beason to keep the Giants combat ready a whole season.

#109 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Very clever of you to delete the comment. But you know you said it. About page 2 or so of one of the earlier Nicks threads.

In any event, I have never been banned before.A long time ago I used to post on the scout.com forum, but I've never been banned from any forum of any kind. I don't troll like you do, so I wouldn't expect to be. I don't know why I'm taking the bait even engaging you in conversation. You don't want to talk Panthers. You want to nitpick, pick fights, and pretend like you know what you're talking about.

So let's summarize here.

You make a statement basically telling everyone that rookie wide receivers do not contribute right away using inaccurate information. You get proven wrong, and corrected on said information, and then immediately change the subject by randomly accusing me of saying something in some thread somewhere from who knows when, yet you cannot provide the post. It's a conspiracy!

Yeah, I definitely think you should just go back to lurking.

knock off the pissing match...both of you.

or get a room...i don't care. just don't pollute this thread or any others with whatever this is you two have going.

understood?

#110 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,717 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

If we can get Nicks for 1 or 2 mil (max) this year, I won't make another WR-related post this off-season. 

#111 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,787 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

If we can get Nicks for 1 or 2 mil (max) this year, I won't make another WR-related post this off-season. 

ill say this td, i read something in one of the subforum. trust me when i say this Gettleman is "determined" to find Cam weapons.

#112 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,681 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Eh, to get Nicks that cheap, literally no one else would have to be interested in him. How likely is that to happen?

#113 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

so you will be making wr threads, cuz Hixon cost us like $1.3m roughly.  you can at least triple that for Nicks' value.

#114 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

so you will be making wr threads, cuz Hixon cost us like $1.3m roughly.  you can at least triple that for Nicks' value.

Yeah, that was my point. People who know me know that I've been harping on getting a WR since the season before last. For me not to chime in on something that is even remotely related to improving our WR corps is like some poster (who shall remain nameless) not trolling/pissing someone off at least once per week.  In other words: no way in hell we're getting Nicks for what amounts to anything near Brandon LaFell territory.

#115 EightyNine

EightyNine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

I remember when the Giants were trying to resign Victor Cruz after he had a monster year, the biggest reason they didnt want to pay him a lot was because they still believed at the time that Nicks was their true #1 receiver.

#116 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I remember when the Giants were trying to resign Victor Cruz after he had a monster year, the biggest reason they didnt want to pay him a lot was because they still believed at the time that Nicks was their true #1 receiver.

What a difference a year makes, huh?  Nicks fell out of favor relatively quickly.

I mean, dude must have been really making a hell of an impression to fall from grace that fast.  His reported desire to stay in the Big Apple along with his attitude and effort just weren't adding up, I guess.

#117 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

What a difference a year makes, huh?  Nicks fell out of favor relatively quickly.

I mean, dude must have been really making a hell of an impression to fall from grace that fast.  His reported desire to stay in the Big Apple along with his attitude and effort just weren't adding up, I guess.

it could be that he just got tired of being in NY/NJ and dealing with coughlin. when they started losing and smitty got in his ear about coming back to carolina, that may have been the thing that cemented the riff that was forming.

it very well could be that it's just a matter of him needing a fresh start back home or just away from that situation up there.

or it could be that he's just a bum that can get 900 yards without putting up much effort.

i dunno...but that production and his perceived apathy this past year or so may be the thing that makes him more affordable this offseason.

there's going to be a lot of competition for WR jobs from FAs and draft picks he's going to have to deal with. aside from the first team or two who foolishly jump the gun the day FA opens up, prices for WRs aren't going to be all that high. i mean WRs might be wanting more, but teams just aren't going to be shelling out the cash like some think is going to happen.

it's still going to be a flooded market with limited cap space for many teams. the market is going to look a whole lot like last year's market.

you put nicks up against some of the other top FA WRs this year and i just don't think he's going to be as desirable as some of the other guys who don't have his "issues" or lack of production from last year.

he won't be dirt cheap, but he will be affordable and reasonable. he can't afford to not be.

#118 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

it could be that he just got tired of being in NY/NJ and dealing with coughlin. when they started losing and smitty got in his ear about coming back to carolina, that may have been the thing that cemented the riff that was forming.

it very well could be that it's just a matter of him needing a fresh start back home or just away from that situation up there.

or it could be that he's just a bum that can get 900 yards without putting up much effort.

i dunno...but that production and his perceived apathy this past year or so may be the thing that makes him more affordable this offseason.

there's going to be a lot of competition for WR jobs from FAs and draft picks he's going to have to deal with. aside from the first team or two who foolishly jump the gun the day FA opens up, prices for WRs aren't going to be all that high. i mean WRs might be wanting more, but teams just aren't going to be shelling out the cash like some thing is going to happen.

it's still going to be a flooded market with limited cap space for many teams. the market is going to look a whole lot like last year's market.

you put nicks up against some of the other top FA WRs this year and i just don't think he's going to be as desirable as some of the other guys who don't have his "issues" or lack of production from last year.

he won't be dirt cheap, but he will be affordable and reasonable. he can't afford to not be.

Yeah, I don't know why people think that GMs are going to drive Brinks trucks to negotiations, open the back doors and bend over to WRs this year---particularly when they look at the production that big signings brought last year. Harvin, Wallace, Jennings...my goodness!

I smell a market correction.

#119 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,681 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Players have been getting big contracts, and disappointing long before the 2013 season.

If you are going to make that kind of argument about the market for receivers, then I guess the market value for quarterbacks should be going down as well since some of them recently haven't lived up to their quite sizable contracts, right? I don't see either going down in price anytime soon.

#120 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

when they started losing and smitty got in his ear about coming back to carolina, that may have been the thing that cemented the riff that was forming.

wow, didnt even know about that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hakeem Nicks, Jonathan Wagner, Yahoo Sports, Carolina Panthers, 2014 free agency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.