Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo contributor Jonathan Wagner on Nicks.

Hakeem Nicks Jonathan Wagner Yahoo Sports Carolina Panthers 2014 free agency

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#81 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm not sure you even know what my point is. I'm not even comparing the two teams. My point is, how can you be so critical of the season Nicks had without looking at the team as a whole? If Nicks had a down season while the team flourished, that's one thing. Everybody on the Giants team had a down year.

The Giants weren't that bad, yes bad for them considering their two recent championships, but not as bad you want to claim.

Nobody is saying Nicks isn't talented, you guys don't have to drag the rest of his team through the mud to make him look better.

#82 Semaj

Semaj

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationPalm Coast, Fl
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

who is saying anything about him being "the savior" to our WR corps?

pretty much everyone is saying he'd be an upgrade over lafell. not much more than that.

i think he is one option among several WR FAs that could be the easiest to aqcuire and on par with the top options. i think that we should also draft a guy early...and then that guy would likely be the "savior" of the WR corps. i think most would agree with that.

nicks would just be making a fair WR corps better.

I agree and worst case scenario he is our true #2,best case scenario a high end #1. There is risk involved here so the contract has to be right. However if anyone in the panthers organization knows nicks it's Gettleman.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#83 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

The Giants weren't that bad, yes bad for them considering their two recent championships, but not as bad you want to claim.

Nobody is saying Nicks isn't talented, you guys don't have to drag the rest of his team through the mud to make him look better.

I'm not, but there seems to be a which hunt out on the guy when the whole team deserves blame. I think he is worth signing for the right price that's all. Nobody thought Ted Ginn would be this good, People wrote Smitty off after 2010, and even Olsen has put up career numbers. My point is that guys seem to play better with Cam. Signing him can take the pressure off of Benjamin.

#84 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Who's Benjamin?

#85 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Who's Benjamin?

Lol let me dream

#86 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

yea not too interested unless he is really cheap

#87 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

He's not worth any contract of value.

#88 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Last time we were one playmaker away, we signed Keyshawn. Everyone was excited, myself included, but that poo didn't go well. Doesn't mean we should pass on Nicks necessarily, just a reminder that sometimes ther is a such thing as subtraction by addition.

#89 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Comparing Nicks to an "old" Keyshawn is not exactly on point.

_____

I just don't understand how people can say that he doesn't (or didn't) want to be in NY when he has said that he would actually prefer to stay.  Yes, he may have become disillusioned during the season, but he still should have been professional about the situation. That is a red flag, regardless if you are pro or anti Nicks. At the right price, you may take a chance on a guy with red flags, but you're not gonna roll out the red carpet for him. Exactly the opposite, actually. Nicks still has to prove himself worthy to be treated like a top WR in the game, and, as for me, it's gonna take more than one season in a new venue to prove it.

#90 Icebox

Icebox

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Come on, now, Red. Be honest. You said exactly that. Do you really think everyone has forgotten your post that claimed, "Pros: He played at UNC, Cons: He can't play football"?

I do like the all new, improved, non-hyperbolic "Red." I agree that we shouldn't break the bank for him, but I do think he can help dramatically improve our offense. That's not to say he will. But he can.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hakeem Nicks, Jonathan Wagner, Yahoo Sports, Carolina Panthers, 2014 free agency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users