Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistic ideas for the panthers this offseason?

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We don't need a beat up WCO QB who brings a lot of baggage with him.

Yeah, but he sure trained my dog well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We don't need a beat up WCO QB who brings a lot of baggage with him.

If Vick came here I would have to seriously consider moving.  I really dislike that guy.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol...Vilma mentoring Luke.

I'm pretty sure Rivera and Thomas Davis already have that covered...whoever wrote that article was just slapping the top two FA's at the position and saying Carolina should sign them.

Posted · Report post

Vilma is used up and oft injured, if he's a top FA it's pretty bad.

I could see bringing him in if you had a guy who clearly needed a mentor, but Luke is already elite- better than Vilma ever was. Makes zero sense.

Posted · Report post

Gave in to curiosity and checked out the article.

Nearly every one of those suggestions is pretty much awful.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The only one I really could see is Tuck.  If we don't resign Hardy, because that's going to be about 5 years and 50 or 60 million, Tuck might make some sense.  He can do a lot of the same things as Hardy just not nearly as well.  If he wants a contract in the area of 8 to 10 million a year forget it but at about 5 or 6 a year idk.  He is 31 now so he probably won't get somebody to offer him a 5 or 6 year deal but you never know. 

Posted · Report post

What good are receivers if Cam doesn't have time to throw to them? OL and receivers WR/TE are far and away my biggest concern.

They are for many reasons, the main one is to spread the defense which keeps them from stacking the box and blitzing more players. By not stacking the box it also helps the run game. It also helps from doubling Smitty as much if they have to account for another player or two.

To often I saw teams being able to man up with our receivers, taking the ball carrier away, that leaves the Oline trying to not only block their man but two other unblocked defenders. You can upgrade the Oline all day but you will always be against the odds if you can't demand to spread the D.

No doubt we need an upgrade for the Oline, but I'm in agreement that the best help for the line is to actually upgrade the receivers.

Posted · Report post

The only truly "realistic" option out of those picks would be Dustin Keller, since he would have to accept an incentive-based, cheap contract to prove he can still play at a high level after that horrible knee injury.

Posted · Report post

Chrome helmets and logo at midfield.

Midfield logo of a chrome helmet.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Midfield logo of a chrome helmet.

mother of god.

Posted · Report post

I like some of the ideas but I doubt most being realistic .

Yeah, perhaps the thread should have been titled "Wishful ideas".  

If we can get one off the list, I will shake my head in satisfaction. If we get two I'll say "wow". If we get three, I'll be fist pumping to my own "hell yeah." If we get four, I'll be dumbfounded and have to sit down in amazement. 

Posted · Report post

OT Eric Winston 

CB Terrell Thomas

WR Hakeem Nicks - Jeremy Maclin -  Jerricho Cotchery 

TE Fred Davis