Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Gruden: 'Foolish' to make RGIII a pocket passer

39 posts in this topic

Posted

See, here's why you wind up looking dumb...

Nobody wants Griffin to fail (other than as an opponent). People expect him to fail, primarily because he's too easily hurt.

You can't seem to tell the difference between evaluating how good someone is and rooting for them to succeed or fail. It's not an emotional thing for most of us like it is for you and your buddies.

Maybe when you grow up a little and learn to take the emotion out of it, you'll figure out nobody's out to get your favorite players. We're just calling 'em as we see 'em.

How about Matthew Stafford? He has yet to accomplish anything in his entire career as a football player. If it's about projecting, how about you project on that one! I like how you get in attack mode everytime you make a response. RG3 is not my favorite player. Not even close. You guys just seem to poo on certain QBs for no particular reason yet so defensive on some and I just wanna know the inside scoop on that. I just don't know why it matters so much whether RG3 fail or not. There are probably maybe 8 good QBs in this whole NFL, the rest are just a draft away from being replaced. Among those failures(at least for this year) is RG3, why does he matter so much for this board? He's just a failure, right? If he fails he fails, that's where I stand. I'm sure the QB position is a sacred sanctity for a lot of people. A honest person  would admit RG3 doesn't belong there as the spot is reserved for guys like Luck and his future Luckians. Are you an honest person?

Posted

How about Matthew Stafford? He has yet to accomplish anything in his entire career as a football player. If it's about projecting, how about you project on that one! I like how you get in attack mode everytime you make a response. RG3 is not my favorite player. Not even close. You guys just seem to poo on certain QBs for no particular reason yet so defensive on some and I just wanna know the inside scoop on that. I just don't know why it matters so much whether RG3 fail or not. There are probably maybe 8 good QBs in this whole NFL, the rest are just a draft away from being replaced. Among those failures(at least for this year) is RG3, why does he matter so much for this board? He's just a failure, right? If he fails he fails, that's where I stand. I'm sure the QB position is a sacred sanctity for a lot of people. A honest person would admit RG3 doesn't belong there as the spot is reserved for guys like Luck and his future Luckians. Are you an honest person?

Stafford is overrated, overpaid, over everything.

You talking about honesty is a laugh given your obsession with tearing down Andrew Luck.

Grow up, kid.

Posted

Luck >>>> RG3 as a qb

Posted

Stafford is overrated, overpaid, over everything.

You talking about honesty is a laugh given your obsession with tearing down Andrew Luck.

Grow up, kid.

It's no secret, I don't like the way they try to sell Luck to us. I'm a true believer in letting the game take care of itself. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when that's not respected. I think they're corrupting the game doing that and it's not sustainable in the long term. This is no kid thought right there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Luck >>>> RG3 as a qb

Is this your final decision? It's been only 2 years. The Colts had a good year but Luck didn't wow anyone. They won their division by default. At the end of the day they're the only ones who can decide their legacy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is this your final decision? It's been only 2 years. The Colts had a good year but Luck didn't wow anyone. They won their division by default. At the end of the day they're the only ones who can decide their legacy.

Yeah, that whole coming back from 28 points thing didn't impress anyone :lol:

(saying it doesn't make it reality kid, but by all means keep trying)

Posted

Pending to fluctuate

But there is no denying Luck is better at this point, I don't if RG3 could catch up to be honest with yout

Posted

Yeah, that whole coming back from 28 points thing didn't impress anyone :lol:

(saying it doesn't make it reality kid, but by all means keep trying)

7 INTs, 2 games.

Posted

Pending to fluctuate

But there is no denying Luck is better at this point, I don't if RG3 could catch up to be honest with yout

Only 2 teams left in the superbowl. Luck and RG3 play for neither. So, neither were good enough.

Posted

I think he's right, but they have to find ways to protect him when he does take off.  I just don't know if that's possible, he's kind of a small dude.  But you can't just neglect the fact he's dynamic outside the pocket.  You have to find ways to use that without killing him, though.

I really liked him coming out of college so I hope Gruden can figure out a way to keep him on the field and upright. 

Posted

on Luck vs RG3...

Luck to me looks like one of the best young QBs in the league.  He does throw a lot of INTs, but he just has a knack for bringing his team back.  Objectively I think it is fair to say Luck looks like the better QB to date, but who knows what will happen in the future.

Posted

Luck does need to bring down the INT's, but it happens, and he still has a very bright future.

Comparisons between Luck, and Griffin right now are rather pointless. Both had immediate success, but only one is getting a new head coach in just his third season. Continuity is huge for a young QB, time will tell if Griffin can get back to where he started. He's got the talent.