38 replies to this topic

#16 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Stafford is overrated, overpaid, over everything.

You talking about honesty is a laugh given your obsession with tearing down Andrew Luck.

Grow up, kid.

It's no secret, I don't like the way they try to sell Luck to us. I'm a true believer in letting the game take care of itself. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when that's not respected. I think they're corrupting the game doing that and it's not sustainable in the long term. This is no kid thought right there.

#17 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Luck >>>> RG3 as a qb

Is this your final decision? It's been only 2 years. The Colts had a good year but Luck didn't wow anyone. They won their division by default. At the end of the day they're the only ones who can decide their legacy.

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Is this your final decision? It's been only 2 years. The Colts had a good year but Luck didn't wow anyone. They won their division by default. At the end of the day they're the only ones who can decide their legacy.

Yeah, that whole coming back from 28 points thing didn't impress anyone :lol:

(saying it doesn't make it reality kid, but by all means keep trying)

#19 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Pending to fluctuate

But there is no denying Luck is better at this point, I don't if RG3 could catch up to be honest with yout

#20 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, that whole coming back from 28 points thing didn't impress anyone :lol:

(saying it doesn't make it reality kid, but by all means keep trying)

7 INTs, 2 games.

#21 Evengelion

Evengelion

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Pending to fluctuate

But there is no denying Luck is better at this point, I don't if RG3 could catch up to be honest with yout

Only 2 teams left in the superbowl. Luck and RG3 play for neither. So, neither were good enough.

#22 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,474 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

I think he's right, but they have to find ways to protect him when he does take off.  I just don't know if that's possible, he's kind of a small dude.  But you can't just neglect the fact he's dynamic outside the pocket.  You have to find ways to use that without killing him, though.

I really liked him coming out of college so I hope Gruden can figure out a way to keep him on the field and upright. 

#23 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,474 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

on Luck vs RG3...

Luck to me looks like one of the best young QBs in the league.  He does throw a lot of INTs, but he just has a knack for bringing his team back.  Objectively I think it is fair to say Luck looks like the better QB to date, but who knows what will happen in the future.

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Luck does need to bring down the INT's, but it happens, and he still has a very bright future.

Comparisons between Luck, and Griffin right now are rather pointless. Both had immediate success, but only one is getting a new head coach in just his third season. Continuity is huge for a young QB, time will tell if Griffin can get back to where he started. He's got the talent.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Luck does need to bring down the INT's, but it happens, and he still has a very bright future.

Comparisons between Luck, and Griffin right now are rather pointless. Both had immediate success, but only one is getting a new head coach in just his third season. Continuity is huge for a young QB, time will tell if Griffin can get back to where he started. He's got the talent.

Talent was never an issue.

The big question mark with Griffin was, and still is, durability.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think he's right, but they have to find ways to protect him when he does take off.  I just don't know if that's possible, he's kind of a small dude.  But you can't just neglect the fact he's dynamic outside the pocket.  You have to find ways to use that without killing him, though.

I really liked him coming out of college so I hope Gruden can figure out a way to keep him on the field and upright. 

How successful would you say the Panthers have been on that front?

#27 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

^ why everyone here want RG3 to fail and Luck to succeed? What's the inside story on that? Am I missing something!

I don't see it that way. People seem to obsess over RG3 and Luck both. For or against.

When's the last time there was a thread about Ryan Tannehill? He threw for more yards than either Rg3 or Luck this year. He also torched the Panthers secondary.

The RG3 and Luck threads mostly have nothing to do with football and is more soap opera than sports.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,474 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

How successful would you say the Panthers have been on that front?

At protecting Cam?  He's gotten down a little more this season than in the past, but Cam's so much bigger than RG3 that the risk is a little less

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

At protecting Cam?  He's gotten down a little more this season than in the past, but Cam's so much bigger than RG3 that the risk is a little less

It's still not a good situation when your quarterback is your leading rusher, no matter how big he is.

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,474 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

It's still not a good situation when your quarterback is your leading rusher, no matter how big he is.

Well, Cam wasn't our leading rusher, and if you combine Dwill and Stew's numbers, we actually had 1000 yards from our primary RB. Cam had fewer than half their carries.  We run very few designed runs, which is good.

If not for the struggles on the OL and our receivers getting open, the disparity in favor the RBs would have been even greater.

But one of Cam's greatest strengths is his athleticism and ability to break a play open.  Don't take that threat away, imo (which I don't think we intentionally did that much).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.