Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will Cam do

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Lmao at thinking 15 million a season is going to get it done.

Bad math.

stirs wasn't saying $15 million a season.

He was saying $12.5 million.

Which would, of course, accomplish exactly what stirs has wanted all along.

Then (in his world) we could sign Geno Smith after the Jets dump him and go back to being a bottom feeder again... but stirs would be happy.

Posted

Cam is playing on a far more inferior team and is doing what he does with far less than the young QBs.Yet all you would hear is what they need around them to make them "elite."  The Panthers was truly the Colts when Peyton joined that team in 1989. Cam, IMO, is today's  Peyton Manning but without the push from those in the media to build around him. I feel Cam would prefer if this team gives him some consistent and dependable weapons along with paying him a very decent package.

Posted

Cam is playing on a far more inferior team and is doing what he does with far less than the young QBs.Yet all you would hear is what they need around them to make them "elite."  The Panthers was truly the Colts when Peyton joined that team in 1989. Cam, IMO, is today's  Peyton Manning but without the push from those in the media to build around him. I feel Cam would prefer if this team gives him some consistent and dependable weapons along with paying him a very decent package.

Posted

Cam is playing on a far more inferior team and is doing what he does with far less than the young QBs.Yet all you would hear is what they need around them to make them "elite."  The 2011 Panthers was truly the Colts when Peyton joined that team in 1989. Cam, IMO, is today's  Peyton Manning but without the push from those in the media to build around him. I feel Cam would prefer if this team gives him some consistent and dependable weapons along with paying him a very decent package.

Posted

This kind of Cam contract talk is absurd.

Panthers have a lot more leverage than Cam does.

If they cant do a deal this year, they option for the 5th year on his rookie deal... and they still have 2 more years of Franchise Tag beyond that.

That's 4 more years he has to be in Carolina, like it or not.  He's not going to the Cowboys or Raiders or anyone else any sooner (barring a trade scenario), period. 

What player is going to risk 4 year (2 under his current rookie deal and 2 under the Tag which are basically 1 year deals) to getting paid NOW and getting a substantial amount of GUARANTEED money?  Only the dumb ones.  

As far as the amount per year goes... that wont matter nearly as much as the GUARANTEED money will matter.  

Finally, it will get done and it will be a good deal for both sides. Gettleman will make it happen. 

1 person likes this

Posted

25-24 as a starter.  Not worth top tier money.  Not even close.

Posted

25-24 as a starter. Not worth top tier money. Not even close.

We'll see...smh

Posted

This kind of Cam contract talk is absurd.

Panthers have a lot more leverage than Cam does.

If they cant do a deal this year, they option for the 5th year on his rookie deal... and they still have 2 more years of Franchise Tag beyond that.

You do realize that the exclusive Franchise Tag means you are required to pay that player the average of the top 5 players in the league at that position.

In other words, placing the exclusive Franchise Tag on Cam would mean you would easily be paying him $20 million plus that year.  And (according to you) the year after that.

So why wouldn't you just sign him long term at $20 million instead of exclusive Franchising him at more than $20 million for two years and then letting him walk?

In other words, the team doesn't have as much leverage as you seem to think.  Actually, as one of the most exciting players in the league (and only getting better), a franchise QB, and the face of the franchise, Cam has more leverage than the team IMO.

Posted

When is the last time you saw a franchise qb leave a team without being released?

1 person likes this

Posted

7 years 120 mil sound right to me

Posted

My point in this thread was to say that if the panthers do not offer cam his long term deal this offseason yes they can exercise his two year option before making a decision and therefore tag him for another two possible years, but as has been pointed out that will pay him top 5 qb money something this franchise won't do no way!. My point simply is this if he isn't offers it this offseason what business we do regards upgrading his offense around him will have I think a knock on effect because If he feels he isn't getting what he deserves then he will reject any deal and leave that's just a fact! He wants to win he's said that from day one I think he cares new about that actually than money but agin that's just my opinion.

Most of you are fixated on price and money! I think what players are out around him matters just as much, he has had NO help, the past three years he has carried this offense on his own and partly by rejuvenating smitty, pay him all day but he wants to win, he will be held back from doing so without the pieces around him and I think that will be the decisive factor not money.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam will be somewhere between 17.5 and 19 mill per year.   The only question is the years.   With signing bonus we should be able to fit him to around a 16-17 mill per year cap hit.   That's basically the magic number in todays game. 

1 person likes this