• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Jordan Matthews

Overall, signs are pointing to a decent WR prospect but Matthews doesn't possess a high ceiling. He's a good possession receiver but I'm not high on him. I'd only take him if various other prospects are gone beforehand.

Don't get me wrong, a guy like Moncrief as a higher ceiling but Matthews is constant and speed and burst is something he can improve on over time

Barring something, Bejamin's stock is likely going to skyrocket. I don't think we're even close to being able to draft him.

He has elite #1 potential, something most of the prospects in this WR crop don't have.

I don't why, but I really don't like Benjamin as a receiver prospect. His best quality is being tall. No route-running, he doesn't seem fast (but he could be), he'll be 23 year old redshirt sophomore. 

I don't why, but I really don't like Benjamin as a receiver prospect. His best quality is being tall. No route-running, he doesn't seem fast (but he could be), he'll be 23 year old redshirt sophomore. 

he's a risk. and if he gets drafted in the first it will be because teams think the risk is worth the reward. his upside is incredible much like Cam's coming out. but the dude is raw as hell. much more raw than Cam was imo

i honestly don't know if benjamin would be worth the risk to us...

if we got someone solid like matthews and/or moncrief i think it would be more bang for our buck now. cause lets not pretend we are not superbowl contenders next year.

Speed is an asset, but it doesn't preclude someone from being an excellent receiver. From Jerry Rice to Anquan Boldin to, now, Keenan Allen, you don't have to be the speediest guy on the block to move the chains and score TDs. This is especially true if you are a great route runner with great hands and a great work ethic. Matthews may be the most pro-ready WR coming out of this year's draft.

i honestly don't know if benjamin would be worth the risk to us...

if we got someone solid like matthews and/or moncrief i think it would be more bang for our buck now. cause lets not pretend we are not superbowl contenders next year.

You and me both. Of course a lot may change with workouts and the Combine, but at this point I don't see why Benjamin is getting all the love---particularly in the Huddle---and Brandon Coleman, who nobody is really mentioning consistently but me is not.  They both have similar size, skill sets, and development levels in regards to being raw.  It is arguable that Coleman may be more pro-ready than Benjamin.  Like I said, a lot could change, but I would certainly give pause to drafting Benjamin in the first, if I think that Coleman may be available in the third.

he's a risk. and if he gets drafted in the first it will be because teams think the risk is worth the reward. his upside is incredible much like Cam's coming out. but the dude is raw as hell. much more raw than Cam was imo

He's truly a boom or bust kind of player. I don't see a middle ground with him. I don't believe that the team can take a lot of risks with holes on the team, salary cap and the expectations to win now and be a Superbowl contender.

Cam wasn't as raw as people think. He had (still has) occasional sloppy footwork. He just didn't play in pro style offense, he didn't need to learn new throwing mechanics. Benjamin has to learn how to be receiver. 

Overall, signs are pointing to a decent WR prospect but Matthews doesn't possess a high ceiling. He's a good possession receiver but I'm not high on him. I'd only take him if various other prospects are gone beforehand.

I see your point. You want someone that beats double coverage. Someone that can win a jump ball 90%of the time.....

His intelligence and hard work made him excel in the SEC. He was the one player that defenses planned against on Vanderbilt's football team. Planning against him obviously didn't work because he routinely had 100 yard receiving games. I think he has sneaky athleticism and he would surprise you. I think he would be a better pick up than Hakeem Nicks.

If we went the wide receiver route we could spend mid tier free agent dollars on a right tackle.

You and me both. Of course a lot may change with workouts and the Combine, but at this point I don't see why Benjamin is getting all the love---particularly in the Huddle---and Brandon Coleman, who nobody is really mentioning consistently but me is not.  They both have similar size, skill sets, and development levels in regards to being raw.  It is arguable that Coleman may be more pro-ready than Benjamin.  Like I said, a lot could change, but I would certainly give pause to drafting Benjamin in the first, if I think that Coleman may be available in the third.

i wouldn't be surprised if benjamin fell to the second.

i'm not a scouting wizard but that dude is waayyyyyyy to raw to garner a first round pick, other GM's have to see this. He doesn't have Cordarelle Patterson's speed to warrant waiting for him to catch up technically as a receiver because he can still give you production now.

People comparing him to megatron are flat out ridiculous. So far i like moncrief, matthews, robinson, hoffman or ebron/asj if we go TE, which i wouldn't be opposed to in the first. I realize ebron more than likely won't be there at our pick.

He's truly a boom or bust kind of player. I don't see a middle ground with him. I don't believe that the team can take a lot of risks with holes on the team, salary cap and the expectations to win now and be a Superbowl contender.

Cam wasn't as raw as people think. He had (still has) occasional sloppy footwork. He just didn't play in pro style offense, he didn't need to learn new throwing mechanics. Benjamin has to learn how to be receiver. 

Cam was still raw man he just went out a balled. he had to learn the nuances of the qb position. but i agree, thats why i said benjamin is more raw than Cam was coming out.

I'll admit I have a Vandy bias but both Matthews and Ladler (S) are going to be very effective in the league and would be happy with Jordan at 28.

I'm thinking Watkins, Evans, and Benjamin are at least gone...so at 28, we're looking at Lee, Matthews, Robinson, Cooks, and maybe Beckham Jr. (but that's a stretch bc there could be more value at other positions than him).  

Kelvin Benjamin is raw, but he is starting to realize the small details in becoming great will separate him from the other WRs. he even admitted the huge difference from him last year to this year was his mental preparation and just working harder to become a better player. he admitted to being lazy, and worked his tail off to become better and that is why we seen the type of season he just had. if he is there at 28, it will be hard to not take him just off potential. rookies do need time to develop, but should do so while playing which he could do.

I like Brandon Coleman as well because of the catching radius he has. he had a down year mostly because of QB play, and him trying to recover from off season knee injury. i think he will go in the late 2nd to early 3rd and wouldnt mind him in that range.

both offer more then Jordan Matthews in my eyes, but i wouldnt mind neither one on this team.

he did learn how to be a WR, and when he did his production went thru the roof. plus another thing is he had to play in a complex pro offense that Jimbo has at FSU. is KB raw, yes but not as raw as some you are thinking.