• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#111 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

I see your point. You want someone that beats double coverage. Someone that can win a jump ball 90%of the time.....

His intelligence and hard work made him excel in the SEC. He was the one player that defenses planned against on Vanderbilt's football team. Planning against him obviously didn't work because he routinely had 100 yard receiving games. I think he has sneaky athleticism and he would surprise you. I think he would be a better pick up than Hakeem Nicks.
If we went the wide receiver route we could spend mid tier free agent dollars on a right tackle.

Matthew is as advertised -- smart, disciplined, consistent. Yeah, he's not a superstar talent waiting to bust out. That seems to be a reason I don't to draft him in the first. Jordan appears like he'll be a great #2. Yet, I'd still draft him if we had an extra second round pick.

If G-Man really likes the kid, then I say let's the roll the dice with him but I'm getting a sneaky feeling that G-Man is going to spot talent in a low-key name that's gonna leave half the Huddle cursing his name and the other half scratching their heads.

#112 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

Matthew is as advertised -- smart, disciplined, consistent. Yeah, he's not a superstar talent waiting to bust out. That seems to be a reason I don't to draft him in the first. Jordan appears like he'll be a great #2. Yet, I'd still draft him if we had an extra second round pick.

If G-Man really likes the kid, then I say let's the roll the dice with him but I'm getting a sneaky feeling that G-Man is going to spot talent in a low-key name that's gonna leave half the Huddle cursing his name and the other half scratching their heads.

I do too. He is a good talent evaluator and I think he will secure a tackle or a high potential defensive back from a small school. We will see in a few months... I can't wait! Uuuughhhh the offseason.

#113 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

WRs like Robinson and Moncrief absolutely have a higher ceiling but I concede they weren't as consistent as Matthews. It's a tough evaluation however I believe the Senior Bowl will tell us whether or not Jordan has more to offer.

Robinson had almost identical numbers to Mathews last year. Bit of a stretch to say Robinson wasnt as consistent. as Mathews.

#114 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

I wish there was a way we could trade up in the first and take Ebron and keep our 28th pick and then take the best WR available.

#115 countryboi

countryboi

• LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

I remember another guy who some teams passed on because his  speed wasn't anything special.

Blanking on the name...Jerry something... :unsure:

well since jerry rice is his cousin maybe he can teach him a few things.

#116 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Uh oh....it's GettleMagic

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

I'm a huge Benjamin fan but I'm nervous that he will turn into Stephen Hill of the Jets. Physical attributes through the roof, but unpolished route running, drops, and mainly overpowered defenses in college on go-routes. I hope this isn't true, because I feel like we might have to choose between Benjamin, Robinson and Matthews.

#117 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

He is saying what everyone is saying. Jordan Matthews has had an awful week of practice.

Don't distort the facts to back an agenda.

Not standing out or dominating is a far damn cry from having an awful week.

Talk about distortion.

Coming into the week Vanderbilt WR Jordan Matthews was widely considered to be the top prospect at his position in the game with an outside shot at sneaking into the back end of round one. Matthews hasn’t been awful by any stretch of the imagination but he hasn’t had the type of big week that most were expecting either. The best way to describe Matthews’ performance might be solid but unspectacular. With that said it’s not like Matthews has done anything to damage his stock either. Even though Matthews hasn’t been a dynamic playmaker in practice he's still caught the attention of evaluators with his dogged work ethic. Not only did Matthews specifically request tape on the cornerbacks that he would be facing in Mobile before arriving but he has also been seen putting in extra work both before and after the practices. It’s not often that you see such a professional approach from a young player. With impeccable intangibles like that it should come as no surprise to hear Matthews' cousin is the great Jerry Rice, whose dedication to his craft is legendary.

http://www.draftcoun...h-Wednesday.php

#118 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Not standing out or dominating is a far damn cry from having an awful week.

Talk about distortion.

http://www.draftcoun...h-Wednesday.php

lol your one draft site with a predetermined opinion doesnt override the number of sources down here locally and voices of scouts ive heard with my own ears talking about how terrible he's been this week.

will it hurt him? dont know. lotta months left and I wasnt there today, but dont throw some c-tier site at me and act like it's sacred text when ive seen with my own eyes how he's performed and heard with my own ears from credible people the opinions of him

#119 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Lol, oh boy. Joat just disengage right now.

Apparently Matthews has impressed. That article on the Panthers website was good.

Matthews has it, I remember Allen last year, before his injury, had a knock on him for his speed. The kid could play though. Then the injury came, he ran a 4.7 I believe and fell. To me Matthews is Allen from last year minus the injuries. Depending his combine, his stock may raise and he will not be available at 28. Who knows there could be another late riser with size and speed that woos everyone and Matthews falls.

#120 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Found this

http://www.tennessea...Steelers-flavor

Guess we'll see on Saturday what happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users