Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Media crosshairs soon to be on Walker

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Well if a white guy says it isn't racist, surely it can't be.

And if a black guy says that it is, surely it has to be.....even though the term has been used for decades to describe whites.

Posted

And if a black guy says that it is, surely it has to be.....even though the term has been used for decades to describe whites.

I can definitely see what he's talking about. Just because you don't, doesn't mean it isn't there.

The term was being tossed around repeatedly about Kaepernick on here this past weekend. I don't care for it. It's what's between the lines. Same ignorant crap was typed about Cam Newton before we drafted him. It exists, open your eyes, take a look around.

Posted

well that ruffled quite a few feathers for some reason

Posted

Cams not a thug, he's all metrosexual and stuff

Posted

I can definitely see what he's talking about. Just because you don't, doesn't mean it isn't there.

The term was being tossed around repeatedly about Kaepernick on here this past weekend. I don't care for it. It's what's between the lines. Same ignorant poo was typed about Cam Newton before we drafted him. It exists, open your eyes, take a look around.

The term thug has been used for decades. Some may very well mean it as a racist remark. However, it does not mean everyone who uses it does.

In the past, it was meant to describe a union enforcer who beat the hell out of those voting against the unions. It was meant to describe people of unscrupulous behavior...not the color of their skin.

Posted

WHhats wrong with being sexy?

Spinal-Tap---Christopher--007.jpg

Posted

The term thug has been used for decades. Some may very well mean it as a racist remark. However, it does not mean everyone who uses it does.

In the past, it was meant to describe a union enforcer who beat the hell out of those voting against the unions. It was meant to describe people of unscrupulous behavior...not the color of their skin.

It can mean that or it can be a substitute for the N word. Just depends on who is saying it and the context.

But asking people to consider those things today is way too much, so it just drops to the lowest common denominator.

2 people like this

Posted

It can mean that or it can be a substitute for the N word. Just depends on who is saying it and the context.

But asking people to consider those things today is way too much, so it just drops to the lowest common denominator.

Fair point.

Posted

So, does Walker have a shot to be Pub candidate for Pres?

Posted

Sure.

And Union Thugs in Wisconsin?  Yeah....completely racist tilt.  What an idiot...

Posted

Sure.

And Union Thugs in Wisconsin?  Yeah....completely racist tilt.  What an idiot...

You have to give CWG a break, he was winging it. HuffPo has not published anything on the subject for him to know what he is supposes to think

Posted

You have to give CWG a break, he was winging it. HuffPo has not published anything on the subject for him to know what he is supposes to think

coming from someone who posted and article from breitbart I find this quite amusing.