#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I can definitely see what he's talking about. Just because you don't, doesn't mean it isn't there.

The term was being tossed around repeatedly about Kaepernick on here this past weekend. I don't care for it. It's what's between the lines. Same ignorant poo was typed about Cam Newton before we drafted him. It exists, open your eyes, take a look around.

The term thug has been used for decades. Some may very well mean it as a racist remark. However, it does not mean everyone who uses it does.

In the past, it was meant to describe a union enforcer who beat the hell out of those voting against the unions. It was meant to describe people of unscrupulous behavior...not the color of their skin.

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

WHhats wrong with being sexy?

Spinal-Tap---Christopher--007.jpg

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

The term thug has been used for decades. Some may very well mean it as a racist remark. However, it does not mean everyone who uses it does.

In the past, it was meant to describe a union enforcer who beat the hell out of those voting against the unions. It was meant to describe people of unscrupulous behavior...not the color of their skin.

It can mean that or it can be a substitute for the N word. Just depends on who is saying it and the context.

But asking people to consider those things today is way too much, so it just drops to the lowest common denominator.

#20 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

It can mean that or it can be a substitute for the N word. Just depends on who is saying it and the context.

But asking people to consider those things today is way too much, so it just drops to the lowest common denominator.

Fair point.

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

So, does Walker have a shot to be Pub candidate for Pres?

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Sure.

And Union Thugs in Wisconsin?  Yeah....completely racist tilt.  What an idiot...

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Sure.

And Union Thugs in Wisconsin?  Yeah....completely racist tilt.  What an idiot...

You have to give CWG a break, he was winging it. HuffPo has not published anything on the subject for him to know what he is supposes to think

#24 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

You have to give CWG a break, he was winging it. HuffPo has not published anything on the subject for him to know what he is supposes to think

coming from someone who posted and article from breitbart I find this quite amusing.

#25 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

coming from someone who posted and article from breitbart I find this quite amusing.

Glad to amuse you new guy

#26 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Yep signed up in 08 nice to be new. And at least you had the decency not to argue that breitbart isn't as bad as huffpo. Good to see you aren't completely insane

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Please nominate Walker thank you

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

I see we're pre-loading the "Any criticism of our candidate is media bias gotcha journalism" whinery.

#29 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Are we talking about Scott Walker?

Seriously?

Has the Republican Party learned nothing...again? Every time I wait for the Republican Party to bring someone new, fresh, someone who can be the face of a 21st century moderately conservative, new and improved right and I can embrace some of their ideas they do some poo like this.

#30 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Are we talking about Scott Walker?

Seriously?

Has the Republican Party learned nothing...again? Every time I wait for the Republican Party to bring someone new, fresh, someone who can be the face of a 21st century moderately conservative, new and improved right and I can embrace some of their ideas they do some poo like this.

This is the normal diatribe that we will see countless times.  All you have to do is replace Walkers name with anyone else that is not a Dem.

What in particular makes you say "seriously"?

You sound there there are 20 major issues/controversies about the guy, just wondering what specific things he did to offend you so bad.

Not that I am high on Walker, I just love to mention anyone from the conservative side and watch the fun ensue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com