Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Jefferson

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We honestly shouldn't have signed Al. we should've saved cap, got top picks then lured in a free agent with all our young talent we would've had

I'm not really sure if we could lure any top free agent here without Big Al.

If we're going to be able to attract any FA this offseason, it'll be because of Big Al.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes I think Big Al would help draw someone here. 

We need a one-two punch and Al can be one of those, but someone needs to step up with consistency.  So if bringing in a SG and building the team that way is the direction we go, then the Al signing looks even better.

I know we get obsessed with the draft, but with Cho's recent track record does anyone really think if we are in the top 10 he is going to make a good pick?

Posted · Report post

Yes I think Big Al would help draw someone here. 

We need a one-two punch and Al can be one of those, but someone needs to step up with consistency.  So if bringing in a SG and building the team that way is the direction we go, then the Al signing looks even better.

I know we get obsessed with the draft, but with Cho's recent track record does anyone really think if we are in the top 10 he is going to make a good pick?

Gordon Hayward would fill that SG/SF role.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm not really sure if we could lure any top free agent here without Big Al.

If we're going to be able to attract any FA this offseason, it'll be because of Big Al.

Wiggins Parker Embiid plus 2 more 1st rounders from this class wouldn't?

Posted · Report post

Gordon Hayward would fill that SG/SF role.

True, maybe Lance Stephenson too but I don't know if either of those guys make it to FA.   I would hope at least one would. 

Posted · Report post

It's going to be tough to get a decent FA to come here, but having Big Al will only help.  I believe he signed a 3 yr deal but has a player option on the 3rd year, so he could choose to leave after 2.  Would it be worth it to pay Antawn Jamison and Vince Carter the vet minimum to reunite in Charlotte?  I would like to see it and I bet at least Jamison would be down considering he grew up in Charlotte with the Hornets.

Posted · Report post

Wiggins Parker Embiid plus 2 more 1st rounders from this class wouldn't?

It sounds intriguing but these are soon to be rookies we're talking about here.

I dont think you're going to be able to sell rookies to top notch free agents.

Jefferson atm is better than anyone coming out. He's our only hope at landing a legitimate free agent this offseason (Hayward).

Posted · Report post

I think it was the Suns who are going to make an unmatchable offer to Hayward. I don't think we should go there.

Posted · Report post

Hayward isn't even that good.

Posted · Report post

It sounds intriguing but these are soon to be rookies we're talking about here.

I dont think you're going to be able to sell rookies to top notch free agents.

Jefferson atm is better than anyone coming out. He's our only hope at landing a legitimate free agent this offseason (Hayward).

Young talent will attract free agents. Plus the even more or just as important thing, without al we could offer some big contracts

Posted · Report post

Do the Cats have enough to offer a max contract this summer? 

Posted · Report post

35 and 11 for Al yet another huge game. Does this guy figure to stick out the Hornets re brand or is he gone to a contender? You'd think he could make a lot of teams on the brink of contenders, truly championship contenders.