Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap figures update

52 posts in this topic

Posted

June first just spreads the cap hit over two seasons. The amount of dead money is the same. So by doing that we push dead money into the year we have to pay Cam.

Gotcha, then Godfrey is to be cut or restructure in order to stay here. To put it into perspective, 5M would probably go as far as: paying for all of our 2014 draft players, paying Mitchell/Ginn, or Gross/Bell. (Might not want those guys but you get my point)

Posted

How the fug will the Saints pay Graham, Vilma, De La Puente and Strief, and still be able to get some FA signing?

Posted

How about them Raiders?!?! Holly poo!!

Years of futility vs extra cap space? I'll take our situation.

Posted

How the fug will the Saints pay Graham, Vilma, De La Puente and Strief, and still be able to get some FA signing?

Can they pull off the Graham te franchise tag he will cost less than $7M. And they can keep tagging two more years and still pay him under $10M per year.

Vilma is over the hill and not that great to start with, he will come back cheap.

So I don't think we can hope to see the Saints go back to their usual lousy self as long as brees holds up his current level.

Posted

Great to see the Saints in a hole and they have to deal with Jimmy Grahams contract...and they have the same number of contracts as us to sign but 12 million in the hole....KEEP POUNDING!

Posted

I'm curious what range everyone think Mitchell will be in to resign? I think he worth a lot more than the 1 mil he got this year. The season he had this year was better than pretty much any of Godfrey's and he got the big deal.  Should be interesting to see what kind, if any, DG tries to give him.

The only issue I see is that some of these guys that are FA's, are going to want to increase their salary each year. I think Ginn will need more than what he was paid last year. I think the assumption is that you would pay them what they made last year, but they will all be looking for an increase in pay.

20 FA's could be dangerous for this team, with many of them contributing significantly.  The old regime's contract situation reminds me of the Al Davis era in Oakland.

Posted

Last year we were in a worse situation then this, and still somehow we were able to dramatically improve our team.  If DG can do that last year, I'm excited about what he can do this year with a little more breathing room.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can they pull off the Graham te franchise tag he will cost less than $7M. And they can keep tagging two more years and still pay him under $10M per year.

Vilma is over the hill and not that great to start with, he will come back cheap.

So I don't think we can hope to see the Saints go back to their usual lousy self as long as brees holds up his current level.

Well Graham is going to fight to be franchised as a WR since 2/3rd of his snaps he lined up as that.  If that happens he'll make way more than a TE.

Posted

Saints are well into the red to....lol.

Wondering...how are the Broncos better off than we are and paying Manning???????

Their offensive line were mostly lower level free agents and a lot of their skill guys are still on rookie contract. Josh McDaniels worked wonders for that organization.

Posted

Holy fudge on stewart. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/jonathan-stewart/

Looks like we will be keeping him until 2017.

We save 3.5 mil if we cut him in 2016.... might as well keep him for that

If he is healthy and we upgrade the offensive line then I fully expect him to be capable of 1,000+ yards rushing. His game against Tampa that so many people pointed to as proof of decline failed to mention the nonexistent holes.

With a few holes a game, Stew can run over around and through people, as well as throw a nasty stiff arm.

Posted

Years of futility vs extra cap space? I'll take our situation.

I wasn't implying I wanted us to be the Raiders... O.o

I was just saying they have a poo load of cap space