51 replies to this topic

#46 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Holy fudge on stewart. http://www.spotrac.c...nathan-stewart/

Looks like we will be keeping him until 2017.

We save 3.5 mil if we cut him in 2016.... might as well keep him for that

If he is healthy and we upgrade the offensive line then I fully expect him to be capable of 1,000+ yards rushing. His game against Tampa that so many people pointed to as proof of decline failed to mention the nonexistent holes.

With a few holes a game, Stew can run over around and through people, as well as throw a nasty stiff arm.

#47 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Years of futility vs extra cap space? I'll take our situation.

I wasn't implying I wanted us to be the Raiders... O.o

I was just saying they have a poo load of cap space 

#48 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

http://www.nationalf...ion-on-cap.html

I found this.  Since it will be for every team it won't make that big of a difference but if could help some of the teams with less cap room keep some of there own free agents.  Like the Saints, nothing can help the Cowboys 

#49 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

This chart tells me that cap space means little to nothing in terms of amount of games won and loss.

#50 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Was told if Godfrey is a June1 cut we save 5M, can't confirm this nor does it make sense since cutting him in 2015 it only nets us 4M, but if true 5M goes a long way in bringing needed players back.

The cap calculator on that same site shows that making Godfrey a June 1st cut would clear 5.1 million in cap space and result in 2 million in dead money this year and 3 million next year. Cutting him prior to June 1st would result in 2.1 million in cap savings and 5 million in dead money, so the only cut that would make any sense for Godfrey is a June 1st cut. 

The calculator estimates our cap space at 15 million for this year, while the updated estimate says 13 million. It shows that as things currently are we will have 22 million in cap space next year and making Godfrey a June 1st cut would take that up to 26 million, so if this cap calculator is correct - it's a no brainer. 

#51 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

make Stewart a June 1st cut, deal with your losses and move on

#52 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

If he is healthy and we upgrade the offensive line then I fully expect him to be capable of 1,000+ yards rushing. His game against Tampa that so many people pointed to as proof of decline failed to mention the nonexistent holes.

With a few holes a game, Stew can run over around and through people, as well as throw a nasty stiff arm.

the guy has glass legs. hes always injured. tired of watching him collect a pay check from the sidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com