Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Godfrey has $125,000 worth of watches stolen

131 posts in this topic

Posted

Who spends $125K on something they haven't seen in person?

ETA:  For those dreaming up witty things to say about him going broke because of purchases like this, watches, depending on what kind, hold their values relatively well, especially in this shitty economy.

Not really. Unless they are very rare they don't appreciate in value at all.

There are MUCH smarter investments out there to be had if that was what his intentions were.

Posted

oh wee watch...

Wait, I'm mocking the wrong underperforming player.  

Posted

There are MUCH smarter investments out there to be had if that was what his intentions were.

Like car washes and restaurants

Posted

In related news, a Fed Ex driver quit his job today. When asked why, he simply stated "bling, bling, bitches, I'm out."

More at 11

8 people like this

Posted

Who spends $125K on something they haven't seen in person?

ETA:  For those dreaming up witty things to say about him going broke because of purchases like this, watches, depending on what kind, hold their values relatively well, especially in this shitty economy.

Not at a pawn shop which is where he would eventually end up selling them.  Or not selling them now that he trusted FedEx with $125,000 worth of merchandise.

Posted

Not really. Unless they are very rare they don't appreciate in value at all.

I really wasn't concerned with appreciation.  My comment was directed more to the crowd that thinks purchases like these are "throwing money away."  At the end of the day, he will break even, plus or minus the circumstances.  Precious gems fluctuate with the market, but it isn't that drastic.  FWIW, I was assuming he was buying some heritage pieces, and not some flashy Jacob & Co trash that rap music popularized way back when.

Posted

those are some smart purchases. definitely going to succeed in life after the NFL (possibly as soon as next season) 

Posted

The man earned his money. Let him spend it on what he'd like. Just because he spends that on watches doesn't make him a reckless spender.

2 people like this

Posted

I forgot Hurney gave him that contract. lol good lord.

And apparently also gave him financial advice, seeing as they both seem to like spending more money on things than they're really worth.

4 people like this

Posted

If I had twice as much money as I have now...I'd buy some mid grade weed.

1 person likes this

Posted

The man earned his money. Let him spend it on what he'd like. Just because he spends that on watches doesn't make him a reckless spender.

Spending nearly 10% of your yearly salary on jewelry, while not knowing if you'll even be employed in 3 months, sure seems pretty reckless to me.

Posted

If I had twice as much money as I have now...I'd buy some mid grade weed.

Lets eat some mushrooms on draft night. We'll be trippin balls by the 28th pick.