Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Offseason Mock Before Combine (updated)

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If Landry isn't there, I'd be happy with Moncrief.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Would like to see a top-tier WR drop to us in rd 1 but DG likes the mollies.  If it is OL in rd. 1, it needs to be an OT that is an immediate upgrade over Bell.  Bell can move inside.  I just rewatched the 49ers game and our OGs got no push at the goal line.  Wharton made the tackle on Tolbert.

Gross will cost more than that.  He is an All-Pro LT.  He will give us a discount ... but I doubt that much.

Posted · Report post

I really have no clue what Bennett's value is but I think we could get him in the ballpark of what is above.

Nicks is going to get a decent sized contract. I think around 6 mil per year is likely. 

0% chance Bennett signs anywhere for that cheap.

Posted · Report post

It looks good to me!

Posted · Report post

Very nicely done.

Too bad the FT for kickers is ~ 3 mill now. Hate giving kickers long term contracts.

It would sure help us if we could get that 2nd for Hardy as well.

Posted · Report post

I think you are right on the money with the FA signings and resignings.  I don't like the draft picks, never a fan of OG in the first. Purifoy has been playing in a man system, but I think he would have the tools to play in a zone scheme. I get so nervous about these man CB's, because we just don't play man.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

After learning Michael Bennet will be way more expensive than I thought, I have updated the FA signings with Justin Tuck being the DE we bring in as a temporary replacement for Kraken.

Posted · Report post

I think you are right on the money with the FA signings and resignings.  I don't like the draft picks, never a fan of OG in the first. Purifoy has been playing in a man system, but I think he would have the tools to play in a zone scheme. I get so nervous about these man CB's, because we just don't play man.

Yankey played tackle up until his senior year when he moved inside. He was pretty dominant at both positions. He is a monster and it'd be nice to have his versatility with the uncertainty of our current OL. And adding Hurst in the second is an absolute steal. His leg injury might keep him out of the combine but he should definitely be ready for the rookie camps. He could start day 1 as Bell's replacement.

Posted · Report post

Who's Chris Godfrey?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

haha good call

fixed

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yankey may be the best OL in this draft but he won't be drafted as such. That said I have zero interest in a first round OG as well. We are limited looking at OT in that spot. I don't see a good one dropping and thus we should wait, though I've made entire threads on this topic. Gimme an OT if there, but I dont see it.

Gettleman with the hog Molly Smoke screen.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like it!

I'm afraid that Munnerlyn, Gross, and probably Ginn will want more guaranteed. Probably in the 500k-1M more.

Also this doesn't take into account the total cap hit, which is truly what we have to be concerned with, not just the guaranteed. I'm afraid after recalculating those figures our additional FA signings may not look so feasible.

Once more, none of this is truly possible without the restructures, hope they can make this happen.